Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for a diet plan.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Austin1776 View Post
    Thanks for your thoughts. I'd be interested in knowing your medical/educational credentials before I would be willing to consider your remarks valid on the subject of this kind of diet. The fact is that this diet does work tremendously for a LOT of people who otherwise have failed to lose weight on nearly every other "diet" out there. Your understanding of the SHAPE Reclaimed diet apparently is minimal to non-existent.

I'd suggest that the OP consult with a SHAPE Reclaimed practioner and speak to them about it. I highly doubt a gun forum is the best way to see definitive opinions. Go check it out for yourself, rather than taking either my word or the word of a person who is "starting a nutrition coaching company."

Best of luck to you.
    I suppose you need a degree or a medical background to know anything? Like all the research isn't out there for a guy to consume and practically apply? If you're after initials or nutrition specific degrees, you're out of luck and I can't help ya there.

Don't take my word for it either. Seek out those initialed and degreed fellas that research and test things such as TDEE, metabolic adaptations, macronutrient profiles, ect. and see what they have to say.

You're right that I don't know much about the diet you recommend, but from your description...assuming it's accurate, I can tell you that it WILL give weight loss results but it's not healthy. Again, this according to your description.

Good luck to you as well.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 01-15-17 at 18:37.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I suppose you need a degree or a medical background to know anything? Like all the research isn't out there for a guy to consume and practically apply? If you're after initials or nutrition specific degrees, you're out of luck and I can't help ya there.
    I hope when/if you open up a "nutrition coaching company" you make it very clear to your clients you have no credentials or qualifications, education, or otherwise, to be dispensing medical advice.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I hope when/if you open up a "nutrition coaching company" you make it very clear to your clients you have no credentials or qualifications, education, or otherwise, to be dispensing medical advice.
    Feel free to educate yourself on the difference between "Nutritionist or Nutrition Coach" and "Registered Dietitian".

Just one of the first things that popped up on Google:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/35...certification/

At any rate, I'm done with the back and forth with you. Have a good one.
    Last edited by Ironman8; 01-15-17 at 19:57.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Precisely my point. But you could say you slept in a Holiday Inn Express.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Precisely my point. But you could say you slept in a Holiday Inn Express.
    Well, seeing how you are also giving nutrition advice, what are your credentials?

Feedback Score
    ShapeReclaimed is administered by chiropractic and homeopathic doctors.
    Seriously? You're gonna talk about who has the qualifications to give medical advice, after saying that?

Ok. Have fun. I hope that things go well for you, and that you have no health problems from your crash diet.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    Four Miles a day on weekdays at a 4.5 MPH pace, 6 miles a day on the weekends. Daily moderate weights in a rotating, legs, chest, arms shoulders/back thing they have on the B Board at the gym I go to.
    I eat pretty clean most of the time. No Fast Food, lots of eggs, grilled beef, baked chicken and occasionally baked fish. No pasta, white potatoes or rice. So it's clean, I just eat enormous portions when I do eat. Usually I'm getting in about one and a half meals a day.
    I have an extremely slow metabolism and have Hashimoto's so my thyroid is shot and it is kind of fighting me all the way.
    I will check out what you guys have suggested, thanks.
    So are you stuck right now or still losing weight? If it aint broke don't fix it.

I'd look at adding in some HIIT and stick with compound movements on lifting days(squats, deads, pullups, bench...... The more muscle you have the more calories you are going to burn.

There are lots of ways to do it but you need to find what works best for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    So are you stuck right now or still losing weight? If it aint broke don't fix it.

I'd look at adding in some HIIT and stick with compound movements on lifting days(squats, deads, pullups, bench...... The more muscle you have the more calories you are going to burn.

There are lots of ways to do it but you need to find what works best for you.
    THIS.

You said your current diet is working. Don't jack with it. Sure, you can add or subtract certain foods but don't mess with the overall nutrient breakdown too much.

You said moderate weight. Experiment changing this to heavy weight.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I've been getting back in to shape since early fall. I've dropped 25 pounds and I would like to knock another 25 off and get to about 185. I haven't been that light since I was a young E-5.
    I've had a set back or two, but now I'm in a place where I can make some real progress, but that next 25 is a sticking point.
    The thing is I dont really have a "plan" other than skip processed food and eat clean, so far this has been working. I've been adjusting and tweaking stuff, but I need to get a bit more serious.
    So who has a good diet plan?
    A good diet plan is one you can and will stick with permanently. Losing the weight is not the hard part, keeping it off is the hard part. Any plan that has you eating one way lose fat, then back to your normal way of eating once it's lost, is doomed to long term failure. What keeps it off is a permanent change in nutrition, exercise, etc. Keep that in mind as you decide.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Get the book "Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle" by Tom Venuto.

It sounds like you're trying to "lose weight". Any idea what your body composition was before you lost 25 pounds and what it is now? What about after you lose another 25 lbs?

My point is of you're just trying to lose weight, you will likely lose muscle/lean body mass as well.

Focus more on body composition and it will be easier to keep the weight off. Like Will said, losing weight is easy... keeping it off is the hard part.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast