Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm looking for a diet plan.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by travistheone View Post
    THIS.

You said your current diet is working. Don't jack with it. Sure, you can add or subtract certain foods but don't mess with the overall nutrient breakdown too much.

You said moderate weight. Experiment changing this to heavy weight.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    A good diet plan is one you can and will stick with permanently. Losing the weight is not the hard part, keeping it off is the hard part. Any plan that has you eating one way lose fat, then back to your normal way of eating once it's lost, is doomed to long term failure. What keeps it off is a permanent change in nutrition, exercise, etc. Keep that in mind as you decide.
    Thanks Guys.
    I will keep tweaking it and work on portion control a bit more and try eating 3 small(er) rather than only one large(r) meal a day. I'm really just not that hungry three times a day.
    240 to 210 was easy. I didn't notice it until my pants got loose, never even stepped on a scale. Now I'm at 210 and I'm stuck.
    I've looked for a local Hiit gym and the nearest is 30 miles away, so that's not going to work, however I might read up on it a bit and incorporate some of it in to my workout. I have a friend who has had great luck with Hiit and has had amazing results.
    I will keep exploring the Diet thing. There is a lot of Voo Doo out there.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Averageman View Post
    I will keep tweaking it and work on portion control a bit more and try eating 3 small(er) rather than only one large(r) meal a day. I'm really just not that hungry three times a day.
    Are you just fasting all day then eating at night?

I've been doing that for 7 years now and like it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks Guys.
    240 to 210 was easy. I didn't notice it until my pants got loose, never even stepped on a scale. Now I'm at 210 and I'm stuck.
    I've looked for a local Hiit gym and the nearest is 30 miles away, so that's not going to work, however I might read up on it a bit and incorporate some of it in to my workout. I have a friend who has had great luck with Hiit and has had amazing results.
    I will keep exploring the Diet thing. There is a lot of Voo Doo out there.
    Just like in the mil keep it KISS. Do not over complicate. HIIT gym? You don't need any such thing unless you simply want to. HIIT can be done on a stationary bike for example. It's as simple as it gets: All out effort for say 10-30s seconds, a minute rest, repeat, for 5 mins, working your way up to 10 mins max. If you can do more than 10 mins, you aint doing HIIT. Most people who think they are doing HIIT, aint...

A few times per week is OK, but more then that, you'll over train.

Make sure thyroid is correctly managed.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    Are you just fasting all day then eating at night?

I've been doing that for 7 years now and like it.
    That's what has been happening.
    As an example during the entire day I might have 4 cups of coffee and two hard boiled eggs. I come home and have a sixteen ounce steak or two to three baked chicken thighs and a salad. 3 Nights a week either two glasses of wine or two beers.
    I drink tons of water everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Just like in the mil keep it KISS. Do not over complicate. HIIT gym? You don't need any such thing unless you simply want to. HIIT can be done on a stationary bike for example. It's as simple as it gets: All out effort for say 10-30s seconds, a minute rest, repeat, for 5 mins, working your way up to 10 mins max. If you can do more than 10 mins, you aint doing HIIT. Most people who think they are doing HIIT, aint...

A few times per week is OK, but more then that, you'll over train.

Make sure thyroid is correctly managed.
    Well I will give that a try with the Stationary bike. I'm also considering forgoing the long treadmill shuffles for some interval sprints when the weather gets a bit better
    The Thyroid thing was at first what I thought was the issue, actually it was a lack of exercise. The blood work is done every six months and they claim it is on track. I'm taking 75 MCG Levothyroxin every morning when I wake up.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's what has been happening.
    As an example during the entire day I might have 4 cups of coffee and two hard boiled eggs. I come home and have a sixteen ounce steak or two to three baked chicken thighs and a salad. 3 Nights a week either two glasses of wine or two beers.
    I drink tons of water everyday.
    You may need to eat more.

140 cals worth of eggs
    800 calories of steak (rough, assuming NY Strip and trimmed)
    150 calories worth of salad and dressing

Roughly 140 grams of protein give or take and 1100 calories overall. Maybe 1500 calories if your steak is a full fat porterhouse. That's low for the "average man".

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    OP are you tracking macros?

You have to be able to reliably track your macro intake.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    OP are you tracking macros?

You have to be able to reliably track your macro intake.
    No, I'm not tracking Macro's.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    No, I'm not tracking Macro's.
    Gotta doing it man. Figure out your baseline then you can start manipulating carbs, fats, etc. Also just eating less calories doesn't necessarily equal weight loss.

Feedback Score
    Primal diet is similar to paleo. Works wonders & the food is great. If you're on social media chevk out. The Fit Dad Nation. Guy by the name steve roy. Tell him isaac sent ya.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Hey OP, this video went up on youtube today. It reminded me of this thread. I believe that listening to/watching this will benefit you. "Biolayne" is Dr Layne Norton, whose PhD is Nutritional Sciences. For some reason I have a vague memory that he might be a current or former member of this forum? I dunno. If he's here he can chime in.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast