Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Q, the Fix rifle

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Q, the Fix rifle

Oh boy! Sure beats the lipstick on a pig mindset from most everyone out there. Some video's floating about from SHOT, ETC

http://liveqordie.com/product/rifles-by-q/the-fix-by-q/
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I love how light it is, I've been looking for something like that that doesn't weigh 15 pounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Damn, I really like that . . . also like some of the calibers that they're talking about. Depending on the pricepoint, it would displace an R700 build I was looking at.

Hope this comes to market.
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I've been following this for a couple months. Short throw bolt, lightweight, they say "under $3000".

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Supposed to be about 2800. When you get done fiddle f'ing with that 700 and never making it what this is, you would be close in cost and double the weight and a bottle of pain killers for the troubles. Of course someone will list what they think is a comparable product built off of a 700 action in an attempt to justify what they have.

Quote Originally Posted by cougar_guy04 View Post
    Damn, I really like that . . . also like some of the calibers that they're talking about. Depending on the pricepoint, it would displace an R700 build I was looking at.

Hope this comes to market.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Supposed to be about 2800. When you get done fiddle f'ing with that 700 and never making it what this is, you would be close in cost and double the weight and a bottle of pain killers for the troubles. Of course someone will list what they think is a comparable product built off of a 700 action in an attempt to justify what they have.
    That's almost exactly what I was thinking. At the base price for a 700 and a decent chassis, you're close to a third to halfway there and haven't even touched anything else.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "If you think it's expensive to hire a professional to do the job, wait until you hire an amateur."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You guys are right. This comes with a good looking, lightweight chassis, Bartlein barrel. For the price, it would be hard to touch if someone was trying to build up a R700. Only thing I can think of in defense of the 700 is if someone didn't want/like chassis systems and preferred a stock. Then they are coming out with the Magpul 700 which is pretty much a 700 5R in a magpul stock. The 5R is far and away a better rifle than your standard SPS tactical that most people start their builds on, and the only real upgrade to make on that would be a better trigger and a muzzle device. But it would also be heavier than this, so it would really just be preference of the shooter at that point.

I am not familiar with this company at all, anyone have any info on the trigger they use?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Q is Kevin Brittingham's new company, which is just starting to run. He is the founder of AAC.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is Kevin Brittingham of AAC, Remington, and Sig Sauer fame. He Put together a team of talented industry veterans when starting the company. I am sure we will see great things from these guys in the future.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If this comes in less than 2800, I think that it has the potential to be a heck of a buy pending performance.
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast