Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SHOT 2017 News?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

SHOT 2017 News?

No news, photos or reviews from SHOT 2017?
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    SMG Lee usually does a SHOT forum.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WickedWillis View Post
    SMG Lee usually does a SHOT forum.
    Well everyone I know who went has been sick since they got back. Maybe he's drinking NyQuil from the bottle?
    Before you suggest that licensing, background checks, or other restrictions for the 2nd Amendment are reasonable... Apply those same ideas to the 1st and 4th Amendments. Then tell me how reasonable they are.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    IMO, it was pretty underwhelming.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    IMO, it was pretty underwhelming.
    I don't think SHOT has anywhere near the clout that it did at one time. The internet has stolen its thunder. A company can now release good pictures and info, instead of having blurry horrid images and incorrect info cluttering up search engines. The costs associated with SHOT don't help either.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    There was a ton of precision rifle stuff. Actions, chassis, triggers, ammunition, etc... I can hardly look at an AR there. But I agree the internet does take some of the wind out of SHOT's sails. However, you still get to handle product and get questions answered which helps gauge a particular item. I really think the range days are the most beneficial...it's just that they have only a sampling of what's at the show. All and all I still enjoy the atmosphere associated with SHOT.
    Colt Armorer Course, 2004
    Remington Factory LE Armorer School (870, 1187, and 700), 2008, 2013
    Remington 870 LE Armorer course, 2017
    Specialized Armament M16 / M4 / AR-15® Advanced Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    Glock Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    S&W M&P 15 Armorer Course, 2013, 2019

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gamewarden View Post
    There was a ton of precision rifle stuff. Actions, chassis, triggers, ammunition, etc... I can hardly look at an AR there. But I agree the internet does take some of the wind out of SHOT's sails. However, you still get to handle product and get questions answered which helps gauge a particular item. I really think the range days are the most beneficial...it's just that they have only a sampling of what's at the show. All and all I still enjoy the atmosphere associated with SHOT.
    Oh I enjoyed going and you are right, for some not typical gun store stuff, it is great to get hands on with it. But a good 80% of people there are just sightseeing, hooked to some FFL or media organization that doesn't do much. I personally appreciated getting behind a ton of quality optics to see them firsthand.

Feedback Score
    My buddy went and said it was by far the worst SHOT show he's been too. He said he has specific appointments with a few vendors and they constantly pushing his appointment out or cutting it short due to YouTubers and other media doing reports and blogs. He said that was his last time going due to all the rudeness he encountered.
    THE MORE YOU SWEAT IN TRAINING, THE LESS YOU BLEED IN BATTLE

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    Oh I enjoyed going and you are right, for some not typical gun store stuff, it is great to get hands on with it. But a good 80% of people there are just sightseeing, hooked to some FFL or media organization that doesn't do much. I personally appreciated getting behind a ton of quality optics to see them firsthand.

I don't disagree with you at all. It's definitely a who's who of the YouTube world! I think it would be a terrible venue to do business in (at least how it is now). I'm fortunate I get to go every so often and bring back information to my department and or setup T&E's.
    Colt Armorer Course, 2004
    Remington Factory LE Armorer School (870, 1187, and 700), 2008, 2013
    Remington 870 LE Armorer course, 2017
    Specialized Armament M16 / M4 / AR-15® Advanced Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    Glock Armorer Course, 2012, 2016
    S&W M&P 15 Armorer Course, 2013, 2019

Feedback Score
    I have never been to one....should have went to the one that was in Indianapolis, but I had to work. The other shows, that are further out, are just too cost prohibitive for me.
    Good night Chesty...wherever you are.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast