Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: best ankle holster ?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    great feedback, thanks. Ill try the Galco for the Sheild.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 02-01-17 at 17:39.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Galco ankle glove for sure. Works great for a j-frame IMO.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I always liked the renegade ankle holster for my j frame. Might pick up the wilderness version since renegade is no longer around. So my vote is for that

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I wear an ankle holster for my jframe when no other practical option is there for what I'm wearing. I had an ankle glove but found that it moved more than I would have liked and to get it tight enough to stay put it felt like it was cutting off circulation. I have since ditched the ankle glove and got an Alessi which is not as low profile, but is noticeably more comfortable and more stable and does not shift.

I attribute the Galco being more low profile to it being just the neoprene where the Alessi strap is thicker. I would not go back to the Galco after using the Alessi.

Feedback Score
    Skip Ritchie ( Ritchie gunleather) he worked with the legendary Lou alessi prior to his death and his ankle rigs are top notch expensive but worth every penny - was carrying my j frame today with one made in the alessi shop in the 1970's and it still works perfectly.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    great feedback, thanks. Ill try the Galco for the Sheild.
    Please report back on your thoughts. I'm interested in trying one for my Shield, also.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmund Freud View Post
    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have always used some kind of galco. I have used the ankle lite the most, but recently got an ankle glove for a walther ppk. I tried a bianchi but it wasn't as comfortable (thought it was for a steel frame officers 1911 so that could be why). I have always wanted to try a 5 shot or alessi but never wanted to wait.

I have packed a S&W 442, Walther PPK, Ruger LCR and a Glock 26 in the galcos. All were comfortable and worn for 12-18 hours a day.
    Lack of Lubrication -- a lot of folks who learned on bolt guns don't understand that gas guns like women run better wet.
    -KevinB

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Galco Ankle Glove is the answer for me. I even tried an Alessi for a while and went back to the Galco. I found the Galco to be more comfortable and concealed better.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Another nod for the Renegade by Wilderness. Comfort, security, decent price.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brushy bill View Post
    Another option, which is based on the now defunct Renegade Holster and Leather Company "Cozy Partner." http://www.thewilderness.com/ankle-h...ankle-holster/
    As a testament to how much I trust you, I just ordered one. Looks good. Having the mindset carry a gun you'll always carry, my EDC is an LCP. This ankle holster will be for my G43. I haven't carried anything down there (ankle) since I used to shove a Detective Special in the top of a Wellington boot. I'll have some feedback in a week or so. Thanks for the recommendation, I think it will turn oput to be a winner.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast