Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain Bucket Thread

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    What exactly is the difference between ANVIS and “ground” models? I can’t seem to find much information explaining the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by KentuckyWindage View Post
    Picked up some ANVIS RNVGs L3 WP

ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Airframe came in. I'm an idiot and didn't realize an NVG shroud doesn't come with it. Any suggestions? Leaning towards the Wilcox L4 but they have a few variants. Also looking for suggestions on harnesses. I like the Ops Core H nape it comes with but know there are better ones. I'll propbably put the TW Epic Air pads in it, I've used those in my ACH for several years and find them both comfy and low pro, whereas most pads are so thick that the helmet sits super high.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I like the Ops Core H nape it comes with but know there are better ones..
    I was looking for a good deal on a L tan Ops-Core H-nape earlier today. If you find you want to offload yours, let me know.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Airframe came in. I'm an idiot and didn't realize an NVG shroud doesn't come with it. Any suggestions? Leaning towards the Wilcox L4 but they have a few variants. Also looking for suggestions on harnesses. I like the Ops Core H nape it comes with but know there are better ones. I'll propbably put the TW Epic Air pads in it, I've used those in my ACH for several years and find them both comfy and low pro, whereas most pads are so thick that the helmet sits super high.
    I have a spare L4 take off from an MTEK helmet I could let go cheap. Say half of whatever current retail is. May have missing screws, not sure.

I don't want to break the rules though too much by posting outside the ee.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    My RNVGs finally arrived.

Last edited by Rogue556; 07-30-20 at 00:53.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Excellent.

And you stole my phone number

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    My RNVGs finally arrived.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    That's awesome. I'm trying to donate all of my toy money to a KAC can at the moment but I'd LARP the hell out of some dual tubes.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Excellent.

And you stole my phone number

Wait, a "call sign" and a phone number aren't the same thing? No wonder they only allowed five characters. This LARPing shit is hard.
    That's awesome. I'm trying to donate all of my toy money to a KAC can at the moment but I'd LARP the hell out of some dual tubes.
    Honestly, my only exposure to nightvision prior to this was an older Gen 2 PVS14 a friend loaned me to mess around with. After running around with this dual setup, I'm now looking at any guns I currently don't shoot enough and contemplating turning them into a newer WP PVS14 as a backup to the duals. It's the best purchase I've made in a long time.

I will say it's a difficult thing to get into based on the cost of admission. Just the duals and helmet setup took a little over two years to acquire, not counting setting up a few rifles.

If you can find a way to swing it without wiping out the savings and selling half your belongings, then I highly recommend it.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Does anyone have any experience with Hard Head Veterans? They have a ballistic helmet that is priced pretty decent, but I’ve only heard from one person who has one, one of my Majors who is aviation and a cop on the civilian side.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with Hard Head Veterans? They have a ballistic helmet that is priced pretty decent, but I’ve only heard from one person who has one, one of my Majors who is aviation and a cop on the civilian side.
    Garbage. I don't remember if it was the product, the company, or both but I've seen several things that convinced me they shouldn't get any money.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast