Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain Bucket Thread

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    If you or anyone else is interested, PM me, I know of a discount code for Ops Core when ordering directly from them (good for anything on the site, everything Ops Core in that pic I used the code on). Down side is you'll have a lengthy wait, but they do not charge until they ship.
    They have a really good mil discount, so I’m bitching and don’t even have to pay full price so a little dramatic. I’m still working on priorities for things that are more likely to get banned so that’s where all my money goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
    Wake, didn’t you have a Crye airframe? What was it about that helmet that you didn’t like?
    I did and had a longer response typed out but Tapatalk deleted it... bottom line is I prefer thin pads like the Team Wendy setup and couldn’t make those work with the helmet that well, and even worse when I ran Peltors underneath. I wear those as war pro a lot without the helmet so I’d like it to work underneath the helmet and not just mounted to the rails. Obviously the amps would solve that but again, $.

I currently have a Gentex TBH. It’s noticeably heavier than the Airframe but I was willing to trade that for the slight upgrade in protection. The downside is that the shell fits me well (I think) but the chinstrap is too small so it’s super tight with Peltors on. Opscore said they didn’t have a larger option with the occ dial so my best hope is the CBRN extender, which seems odd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    A heads up on Ops Core/Gentex lead times. Right before Thanksgiving we received an order we placed in April. Bottom line, you need to order way ahead of time on these helmets.

Great helmets, we have a bunch of them, but your not going to get one right away unless you catch one actually in stock somewhere. When shipments do arrive they sell out quick.
    Site Advertiser

www.jrhenterprises.com
    Ask about M4carbine.net discounts
    30 years in business- Since 1992
    robert@jrhenterprises.com

Feedback Score
    Right now it seems that everyone is very backordered on helmets with pretty long waits. One needs to plan ahead for individual purchases, LE/Mil orders are handled first at most of these places. I bought my helmet from Galvion's IOP still took a few months to get it in my hands.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Team Wendy Exfil Ballistic
    Princeton Tec Charge Pro MPLS (mostly for the blue light)
    TNVC Mohawk (full CR123 tray)
    IR buzzsaw + red V-lite
    Wilcox G01 mount

Kitchen scale has this setup at 2373g (5.23lb)
    Last edited by GTF425; 01-02-21 at 22:31.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowdown3 View Post
    A heads up on Ops Core/Gentex lead times. Right before Thanksgiving we received an order we placed in April. Bottom line, you need to order way ahead of time on these helmets.

Great helmets, we have a bunch of them, but your not going to get one right away unless you catch one actually in stock somewhere. When shipments do arrive they sell out quick.
    Any idea if or when ACH helmets might be inbound?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

ECH with aftermarket pads, Firstspear cover, Norotos universal shroud, Wilcox G24, Wilcox powered J arm, and PVS14 made by the lovely folks at Nightline. Not pictured are Sordins that fit under the helmet. Not a big fan of arc rail mounted ear pro since it's really hard to take off and use with my Nightcap and or during the day. Accessories include full power PEQ and Surfire M600V.

I mean...if you're gonna go ballistic you might as well do it all the way.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Not much to post yet but I jumped in my new FAST SF on Wednesday and love that thing. So comfy, even with Peltors under the helmet.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Uncle Sam’s helmet or yours? I’ve been trying to source an ECH for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post

ECH with aftermarket pads, Firstspear cover, Norotos universal shroud, Wilcox G24, Wilcox powered J arm, and PVS14 made by the lovely folks at Nightline. Not pictured are Sordins that fit under the helmet. Not a big fan of arc rail mounted ear pro since it's really hard to take off and use with my Nightcap and or during the day. Accessories include full power PEQ and Surfire M600V.

I mean...if you're gonna go ballistic you might as well do it all the way.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Does anyone have any idea on what type of hard case I could use to put my Ops-Core FAST SX with Sordins attached to the helmet on AMP Arms? It won't fit in the bag anymore with the earpro attached and I need something to protect it while bouncing around in the back seat of my cruiser. It doesn't need to be a high end Pelican case.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea on what type of hard case I could use to put my Ops-Core FAST SX with Sordins attached to the helmet on AMP Arms? It won't fit in the bag anymore with the earpro attached and I need something to protect it while bouncing around in the back seat of my cruiser. It doesn't need to be a high end Pelican case.
    You're nicer to your helmet than I am. That thing is hooked to the headrest post using the chin strap.... I should probably come up with a better way to do that.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast