Norotos AKA2
    Norotos DDA
    Surefire X300V
    EOG Battery/Mini Admin Pouch
    PVS 14

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Anyone have experience with the Gentex TBH MCH? Between signing up for a 10k run n gun and being in a unit where I could probably have one, I really want a Gucci helmet now. Don’t really want to pay $1,500 for it though since it’s hard to say how long I’d use it for work. The TBH is the only Ballistic option I can find between ACH and full on TW, Opscore, etc. plus TNVC has one in stock and the run n gun is in two weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Lids aren't something you buy all the time and have multiple of for most people (as opposed to guns). Like a PC, most people have one great one and call it a day.

Buy once cry once on a quality lid. It will be something you use/keep for at least a decade unless you're forced to use something else and then you can sell your personally owned one anyway.

Get a high quality one that works for you (comfort matters if you wear it for extended periods) and never look back.

The Gentex one is a quality lid, they are the parent company for Ops Core. Likely just heavier but will meet the ballistic standards they say the helmets are rated for.

Pads and straps matter for comfort.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Act in Black DTNVG?

I've never noticed how small and compact those actually are, but your picture illustrates that nicely.

How do you like them? I've been pretty set on picking up the RNVG but now that the DTNVG is gaining popularity I'm somewhat torn. I really like the idea of articulation, but they are at least a thousand more which is hard to justify without having experience with them.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogue556 View Post
    Act in Black DTNVG?

I've never noticed how small and compact those actually are, but your picture illustrates that nicely.

How do you like them? I've been pretty set on picking up the RNVG but now that the DTNVG is gaining popularity I'm somewhat torn. I really like the idea of articulation, but they are at least a thousand more which is hard to justify without having experience with them.

Don't bother, the RNVG is more compact and lighter than the DTNVG. Articulation is overrated in actual use, I'll go back to RNVG all day. A new version of mini RNVG was introduced at SHOT 2020, using 16mm tubes. They will be even lighter and already have a LEMO port for a battery pack.

The DTNVS was the biggest let down.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Don't bother, the RNVG is more compact and lighter than the DTNVG. Articulation is overrated in actual use, I'll go back to RNVG all day. A new version of mini RNVG was introduced at SHOT 2020, using 16mm tubes. They will be even lighter and already have a LEMO port for a battery pack.

The DTNVS was the biggest let down.
    Well that settles that, thank you for the information.

I'll stick with my original plan then and keep pinching Benjamins for the RNVG and allocate the savings vs the DTNVG somewhere else. I'm excited about a new and improved RNVG. I knew there was a new DTNVG coming out but knew nothing about the new RNVG.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Thoughts on the Airframe? I almost never see them around and they’re surprisingly cheaper than many options but it’s Crye so I’d expect good things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Picked up some ANVIS RNVGs L3 WP

Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast