Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain Bucket Thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ygbsm View Post
    Does anyone sell an ECH? I like the one I wore overseas, was rated for an AK round and weighed the same as my MICH/ACH.
    Stopping a rifle round without an applique sounded ridiculous, so I did a little Googling; looks like that is the claim, but only in very vague terms. The actual threat matrix seems to be classified, but I am almost certain that it's a reduced velocity threat defeat, something like it'll defeat a rifle round at like a couple hundred yards or something (e.g., 3M has a helmet, the L110, they claim can defeat 7.62×51mm M80... but only at 2100 FPS, which is about 250 yards out a 16", 400 yards for a 24").
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    M43 isn't that powerful, and the helmet was noticeably thicker. It has different NODS mounts because of it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GFX_9 View Post
    That counterweight is bigger than some people's chest rigs.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Tacswap is legit?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Tacswap is legit?
    Depends on the seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Back in late 2000 when my buddy came back from the US Navy's extended tour of East Timor, he gave me his PASGT with chocolate chip cover and some neat souvenirs from the Aussies his LCU hosted for ship security. My job while he was there was to maintain weekly shipments of VHS copies of The Man Show and South Park.

The helmet sat on my shelf of misc kit for 2 decades. After watching the fun and frivolities going on in our city these last few months, I decided to dust it off and was reminded how god awful the suspension system is on it. Then I found the Oregon Aero kit, but was turned off by the $128 price tag for the black and green chin strap versions until I found you you can get the khaki/tan chin strap kit for $71. That seemed like a decent investment.

Not suggesting folks go out and spend money on a PASGT, but if you have one sitting around, they can be made a lot more viable.

Quick krylon paint job and some misc netting also from the garage later...

Last edited by mrbieler; 10-24-20 at 13:56.
    - Jeff

“Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered. And the process is continuing day by day and minute by minute. History has stopped. Nothing exists except an endless present in which the Party is always right.” ― George Orwell, 1984

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Tacswap is legit?
    I've bought and sold a bunch of stuff on tacswap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Anyone here have any experience with helmets from hardheadveterans.com ??
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I saw some opinions on them somewhere on the P&S network and there were several unfavorable ones. I don't remember the details but there was definitely a sketchy circumstance and the guy got blown off by the company. I am not a patient person but it was enough to make me never look at them again and instead wait for a Gentex TBH to come in stock at OP Tactical.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I was issued one for like a year, but just turned it in. What would you like to know? I can say for sure the chinstrap sucks. The adjustment doodads MUST be taped closed. The clip to remove the lid is kinda different, had to fiddle with it the first few times. The lid itself is light and quite comfortable, but the sizing and padding type was not under-the-helmet earpro friendly for me. The rail system has MLok.

They’ve been said to have unacceptable backface deformation, but I have no real info on that.

I just got a 3M/Ceradyne. More to follow on that later. I’m still using my old Mid-Cut until I get the 3M set up properly. I need to change the chinstrap to a standard one.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast