Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast

Thread: Brain Bucket Thread

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I tried this for a bit last night. I removed the two comfort pas as I believe they are referred to (the black ones) and was able to shove my OTH Impact Sport in there. Even tucked them in 9utside the Boa cables... I was able to get with a bit of finagling all the straps and ear cups out of the way enough to get my head in there. I can see how this will still give you a good fit and keep everything stable. I can try cutting the next set of side pads out as they are attached to the others by a thin piece of fabric. Think if I cut it out I can always just stick them back in... they just won't be joint to the rest of that layer.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I'd take an Xacto knife to them and pull the crown pads all the way out.

The Ballistic Exfil and the Epic Air pad sets both allow the crown pad to be removed without cutting anything. Interesting that they're all one continuous unit in the LTP. I never noticed that when I owned an LTP; I never needed comms, so I just wore plugs and never noticed.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I'd take an Xacto knife to them and pull the crown pads all the way out.

The Ballistic Exfil and the Epic Air pad sets both allow the crown pad to be removed without cutting anything. Interesting that they're all one continuous unit in the LTP. I never noticed that when I owned an LTP; I never needed comms, so I just wore plugs and never noticed.
    Even easier... that whole middle row is one piece, thought the front was all connected as well.

Will try this on later.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFitz View Post
    Does that XFIL I spoke of come with the OCC Dial instead of Worm one?
    I just saw this, sorry.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, the TW Exfil will come with their Cam Fit suspension system. The Worm Dial and Occ-Dial are Ops Core designs and are not factory options with the Exfil.

This is a link to the TW Cam Fit

If I totally missed the question, shoot me a PM.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I just saw this, sorry.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, the TW Exfil will come with their Cam Fit suspension system. The Worm Dial and Occ-Dial are Ops Core designs and are not factory options with the Exfil.

This is a link to the TW Cam Fit

If I totally missed the question, shoot me a PM.
    Not sure if I understood the question either but that's absolutely correct.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Yeah that's actually the same type of system as what Ops-Core uses. They appear to call it Cam instead of OCC or BOA. It's the "Worm" dial one I dislike. Thanks....

Went to a Gun Show today and saw alot of vendors selling all sorts of Armor Plates and helmets. Saw a few Ops-Core Lids but no TW or any Bumps. Other than RMA, Hesco and Paraclete I never heard of most of them....generic rebranded ones I'd never buy. One table had an AR500 plate which was shot up and it looked like Swiss cheese! Friends don't let friends buy/wear steel!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Probably the least cool helmet in this thread, but here's my brain bucket.

It's an ACH I've had since 2007. I learned to hate helmets in the Army, and tended to ignore them on the personal side of things, just keeping this around to "check the box". However, the recent conflict in Ukraine has got me motivated enough to start the process of updating my helm, and this will serve as the baseline for those upgrades. Pretty standard now, with just a MultiCam cover and a bit of camo netting tied on with 550 cord. I'd like to get rails, Team Windy helmet pads, a better helmet net/scrim, and an integrated ear pro added down the line, but we'll see what happens. In the short term, I'm also debating adding burlap or camo strips to the netting, to futher break up the outline. Right now it just looks like a helmet with an afro.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    In the short term, I'm also debating adding burlap or camo strips to the netting, to futher break up the outline. Right now it just looks like a helmet with an afro.
    Eh, I think it'll work absolutely fine, the point is to just break up the perfectly round shape for the most part, after all. The other thing to consider is how the scrim you add interacts with water; if it soaks it up, it'll just add to the weight if it's raining, and God forbid it freezes on you.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Eh, I think it'll work absolutely fine, the point is to just break up the perfectly round shape for the most part, after all. The other thing to consider is how the scrim you add interacts with water; if it soaks it up, it'll just add to the weight if it's raining, and God forbid it freezes on you.
    Fair. I'll admit to having practically zero experience with attempting to camo a helmet. My time in the Army was probably the low point for field camouflage techniques, and anyone that tried to do something like this would get in the dog house for ruining uniformity.
    It's f*****g great, putting holes in people, all the time, and it just puts 'em down mate, they drop like sacks of s**t when they go down with this.
    --British veteran of the Ukraine War, discussing the FN SCAR H.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha-17 View Post
    Probably the least cool helmet in this thread, but here's my brain bucket.

It's an ACH I've had since 2007. I learned to hate helmets in the Army, and tended to ignore them on the personal side of things, just keeping this around to "check the box". However, the recent conflict in Ukraine has got me motivated enough to start the process of updating my helm, and this will serve as the baseline for those upgrades. Pretty standard now, with just a MultiCam cover and a bit of camo netting tied on with 550 cord. I'd like to get rails, Team Windy helmet pads, a better helmet net/scrim, and an integrated ear pro added down the line, but we'll see what happens. In the short term, I'm also debating adding burlap or camo strips to the netting, to futher break up the outline. Right now it just looks like a helmet with an afro.
    I'm trying, but I can't remember who it was, but somebody came out with a scrim style helmet cover recently. It had fitment for the cool guy helmets, Ops Core, Mtek, etc... Anybody recall what it was?

EDIT: Quick Google found this, but this isn't the one I was thinking of: https://www.beezcombatsystems.com/co...42140139454711
    Last edited by mig1nc; 10-03-22 at 06:37. Reason: Adding context

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1321222324 LastLast