Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain Bucket Thread

Feedback Score
    I need a lightweight helmet that can withstand sewer pipe caps and bricks being thrown by angry libs. My city issued helmet looks and weighs like something from WWII. I need to be able to attach a face shield as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by andre3k; 08-13-20 at 18:08.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by andre3k View Post
    I need a lightweight helmet that can withstand sewer pipe caps and bricks being thrown by angry libs. My city issued helmet looks and weighs like something from WWII. I need to be able to attach a face shield as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Many people like TW, Recision/Galvion, Crye, and Gentex/Ops Core but OC is kind of the gold standard and therefore has the widest range of compatible products. They also have a good mil/LE discount and have been very helpful unlike TW. If you don’t need ballistic, I’d look at one of their bumps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Garbage. I don't remember if it was the product, the company, or both but I've seen several things that convinced me they shouldn't get any money.
    I’ve watched a few videos of the helmets getting shot with various pistol calibers. Need to find some videos of the higher end companies and see how they compare. Can’t find any of Ops Core, did find a video of a Crye Air Frame going up against an AR500 helmet. The back face deformation on the HHV was about the same as the Crye, although the HHV was only shot once per side, front and back, were as the Crye took four rounds to the front of .357 and 9mm before suffering penetration from a blue tip 5.7 out of a SBR.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Anyone use a 3m/Ceradyne C105HC?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rero360 View Post
    I’ve watched a few videos of the helmets getting shot with various pistol calibers. Need to find some videos of the higher end companies and see how they compare. Can’t find any of Ops Core, did find a video of a Crye Air Frame going up against an AR500 helmet. The back face deformation on the HHV was about the same as the Crye, although the HHV was only shot once per side, front and back, were as the Crye took four rounds to the front of .357 and 9mm before suffering penetration from a blue tip 5.7 out of a SBR.
    My time with the HHV helmet is limited as I am still waiting for my NODs to be delivered but it seems comfortable enough. Other than motorcycle/auto racing and hockey helmets I have nothing to compare it to. I don't have anything negative to say about the company itself. Delivery was faster than advertised.
    I am part of that power which eternally wills evil, and eternally works good.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Anyone have any experience with Chase Tactical helmets? I can't seem to find any reviews for anything other than their bump helmet....which could be telling. But they could also just be a new company *shrug*?

https://www.chasetactical.com/produc...pa_size=medium
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Let's talk covers/nod balancing for high cut helmets.

Are they pretty much made to fit any brand or brand specific? Helmet size aside.
    "Warriors"

Out of every 100 men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets. Nine are the real fighters and we are lucky to have them for they make the battle. Ah, but the one...one is a Warrior, and he will bring all the others back.

-Heraclitis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Does anyone sell an ECH? I like the one I wore overseas, was rated for an AK round and weighed the same as my MICH/ACH.

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ygbsm View Post
    Does anyone sell an ECH? I like the one I wore overseas, was rated for an AK round and weighed the same as my MICH/ACH.
    You can find them on the used market. I've seen them on both eBay and Tacswap.

Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast