Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain Bucket Thread

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Mossy Oak branded duck decoy weights from Amazon. They're 9" long and 6 oz each, broke two in half. Much better than my PRC-152 battery as a counterweight.
    https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Stitched into a TNVC MK2 pouch (reserved for when ABNV wants to start offering LEMO conversions for first gen RNVG's. I used to own the MK1 pouch and like how low profile the lead weight pockets were.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    You guys with your NODs make me ****ing jealous. I still have a few backup guns to buy before I can even think about all that shit. Pretty sure my next job will get me a PSQ-20 though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We had a single NCO on Wheeler banking his BAH and living in a van in the barracks parking lot for 2 years. Theres always a way.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PretendOperator View Post
    It's between this and DTNVGs for me. Do you ever wish you had the individual articulation of the DTNVGs or is it something you ever think you'd use?
    I’m stacking pennies for white phosphor DTNVGs too. The articulation is the primary reason. Hey should this thread be a sticky in this section?
    "An opinion solicited does not equal one freely voiced," Al Swearengen, Deadwood 1877.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    my ops core lid setup.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I need to figure out the best way to scrim helmets these days- I'm pretty sure I can talk my PSG into it as long as it's easy and doesn't get heavy when it gets wet. Any suggestions other than camo net?
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    I need to figure out the best way to scrim helmets these days- I'm pretty sure I can talk my PSG into it as long as it's easy and doesn't get heavy when it gets wet. Any suggestions other than camo net?
    why not just go with cammie net? i used the spare / repair part from ours for this. my lid didn't take much and was actually an off cut from a larger piece we nabbed for an op.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by macnamara View Post
    why not just go with cammie net? i used the spare / repair part from ours for this. my lid didn't take much and was actually an off cut from a larger piece we nabbed for an op.
    By itself I don't think it's very effective- unless your AO is NTC it would seem to standout even more than a faded helmet cover. Maybe with some cut up burlap from sandbags? The problem is we had ACU / UCP for so long we didn't bother with individual camo so we didn't bother with face paint or helmet scrim, so we lost that field craft.
    Last edited by kaltesherz; 10-23-19 at 13:17. Reason: grammar
    PRAISE THE FALLEN
    SSG Kevin Roberts KIA 7-May-08
    1Lt Nick Dewhirst KIA 20-July-08
    Cpl Charles Gaffney KIA 24-Dec-08
    Spc Peter Courcy KIA 10-Feb-09
    PFC Jason Watson KIA 10-Feb-09

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltesherz View Post
    By itself I don't think it's very effective- unless your AO is NTC it would seem to standout even more than a faded helmet cover. Maybe with some cut up burlap from sandbags? The problem is we have ACU / UCP for so long we didn't bother with individual camo so no face paint or helmet scrim, so we lost that field craft.
    i recently made a ghillie tog and got some decent burlap cheap from walmart in their crafts section for additional "padding" of the shape.

yeah man, i hear ya on fieldcraft. it's a real shame. hopefully with ocp /w2 we can get back to that.

Feedback Score
    This helmet looks pretty cool. I hope it is as durable as they say.

Feedback Score

Team wendy EXFIL
    Wilcox G24
    Wilcox J arm (auto on,off)
    TNVC Mohawk
    PVS14

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast