Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain Bucket Thread

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Yeah I get it. Helmet and PVS14 are currently in a bag on the floor behind driver seat. Need something just a bit better.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Does anyone have any idea on what type of hard case I could use to put my Ops-Core FAST SX with Sordins attached to the helmet on AMP Arms? It won't fit in the bag anymore with the earpro attached and I need something to protect it while bouncing around in the back seat of my cruiser. It doesn't need to be a high end Pelican case.
    Maybe a Mystery Ranch Transit or FirstSpear Helmet Hut? No personal experience with either, though I'm tempted to try one out since the SKD PIG BBC 2 was discontinued; I currently use the BBC 2, and it's a tight squeeze, but it'll fit my large FAST SF with the AMP mounted on the arms, along with all the other crap on the helmet, with the RNVGs, G24, and COTI stored inside a TNVC NVG-PPE nestled inside the helmet.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Yeah I get it. Helmet and PVS14 are currently in a bag on the floor behind driver seat. Need something just a bit better.
    Cory, did you ever end up getting anything to replace your existing bag?

Bought a plastic case (cheaper version of a pelican) but not quite big enough. Likely going to send it back and either get the next size up or go a different route.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    My Noob set up:
    Team Wndy Bump
    Wilcox G24
    Noisefighter AX14
    TNVC Mohawk
    Unity Spark (IR only)

Trying to figure out ear pro and a lanyard. Was thinking of going with either t-rex or the kinetic consulting lanyard. And for ear pro was thinking of some Liberator or Sordin behind the neck ones in stead of mounting directly to the helmet.

Any insight is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    You can run a loop of gutted 550 cord through a vent hole on that LTP and use a carabiner to tie down the NODs that way. Unfortunately, your shroud is integral to the helmet shell, or I'd simply recommend tieing your NODs down to the shroud instead.

The TW Boa chin straps do not play well with behind the head headsets. Pull out the crown pad to make a channel for a traditional headband to fit through and you'll be much happier with both the comfort of the helmet as well as how well the headset makes a seal.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    I also recommend tying down the Mohawk to the TW rails to prevent it from being pulled loose.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I also recommend tying down the Mohawk to the TW rails to prevent it from being pulled loose.
    Just tie some 550 or shock cord through those side tabs and rail?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    You can run a loop of gutted 550 cord through a vent hole on that LTP and use a carabiner to tie down the NODs that way. Unfortunately, your shroud is integral to the helmet shell, or I'd simply recommend tieing your NODs down to the shroud instead.

The TW Boa chin straps do not play well with behind the head headsets. Pull out the crown pad to make a channel for a traditional headband to fit through and you'll be much happier with both the comfort of the helmet as well as how well the headset makes a seal.
    Thanks,

Need to review, the cables from the Boa do ride right behind my ears... guessing I'd have to forfeit the use of the ratcheting system if I stick too much under there as my guess is it would just push the helmet up off my head.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Brain Bucket Thread

I’m not aware of anyone using behind the head variants of ear pro. They were apparently designed to be better with helmets but I don’t know if anyone that actually thinks they are.

I’d just get Peltor Comtacs. They have the lowest profile headband of any headset I know and I used them for years under a standard ACH before jumping to AMPs.

How do you like the Noisefighter j-arm? I’ve been considering one as it’s significantly cheaper than a Wilcox and I like the ability to raise it up almost like a 31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wake27; 12-28-21 at 13:31.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Just tie some 550 or shock cord through those side tabs and rail?

Sure, however works for you.

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast