Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain Bucket Thread

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Thanks,

Need to review, the cables from the Boa do ride right behind my ears... guessing I'd have to forfeit the use of the ratcheting system if I stick too much under there as my guess is it would just push the helmet up off my head.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk
    With the Boa and a traditional headset, you run the risk of squeezing the cups into your head if you over tighten it. I've found the Exfil actually sits pretty comfortably with a headset and I don't need to use the Boa much to stabilize it due to the combination of headset and helmet working almost together with that channel in the pads to let the headband ride in.

To be honest, I'll drop in an H Nape if/when I break the buckle on this chinstrap and need to replace the hardware. My helmet is secure enough without using a ratcheting style suspension system.

Feedback Score
    53 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I’m not aware of anyone issuing the behind the head variants of ear pro.
    I was issued a set of them in the 82nd with dual cables. They sucked at keeping a solid seal and I spent my own money to get single lead OTH COMTACs.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post

How do you like the Noisefighter j-arm? I’ve been considering one as it’s significantly cheaper than a Wilcox and I like the ability to raise it up almost like a 31.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here is a link to another thread where I posted a few pics. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=2993239

I've only had this set up for a few weeks so keep that in mind. I do like the range of motion it gives you. I also can tell a difference when stowed up having the pvs-14 just flipped up compared to when pressed back towards the Helmet. I did just add the Mohawk with 2 of the 4 counter weights and that seems to balance pretty well so far.

A few weeks back I got to do a bit of moving around and shooting. Was actually my first time shooting under nods... of course I brought every tool I needed except the one to tighten the bolt where the arm moves in the middle. This resulted in each time I moved too fast the tube would start to fall down.

I have since tightened both points up to where jumping or shaking my head around won't cause it to move but I can still move both points to have the device where I want it.

If you didn't like the pivot point in the middle I think you could just tighten it up to the point where it acted as just a solid arm.

If you want any more pics just let me know. In the link I just showed from the one side but you can flip it pretty far both ways.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GTF425 View Post
    I was issued a set of them in the 82nd with dual cables. They sucked at keeping a solid seal and I spent my own money to get single lead OTH COMTACs.
    Typo - that should have said "using." I've seen a few stories like yours where people to choose to ditch them.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Here is a link to another thread where I posted a few pics. https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=2993239

I've only had this set up for a few weeks so keep that in mind. I do like the range of motion it gives you. I also can tell a difference when stowed up having the pvs-14 just flipped up compared to when pressed back towards the Helmet. I did just add the Mohawk with 2 of the 4 counter weights and that seems to balance pretty well so far.

A few weeks back I got to do a bit of moving around and shooting. Was actually my first time shooting under nods... of course I brought every tool I needed except the one to tighten the bolt where the arm moves in the middle. This resulted in each time I moved too fast the tube would start to fall down.

I have since tightened both points up to where jumping or shaking my head around won't cause it to move but I can still move both points to have the device where I want it.

If you didn't like the pivot point in the middle I think you could just tighten it up to the point where it acted as just a solid arm.

If you want any more pics just let me know. In the link I just showed from the one side but you can flip it pretty far both ways.

Solid, thanks.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    BLUF..Didn't read all 22 pages here but have no doubt someone who posted therein has an answer to this inquiry......

Currently own the following:
    Ballistic Shellback Tactical Helmet which is awesome...except a tad heavy...

Ballistic Ops-Core SX which their Large is a bit too small

Ops-Core Bump with the Worm Dial (don't care for!)

Actively seeking the Lightest Ballistic Helmet on market which has an OCC/BOA Suspension System and most comfortable...Do have extra set of 4D Pads though..

Looking at Team Wendy or the impossible to find Ops-Core FAST top tier lid. Concerns on TW are their proprietary Rail System and also their odd sizing too. Anyone happen to own, or have owned BOTH of these at one point and can drop some gouge on what your preferences are & why?
    Thanks much & Semper Fi!

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFitz View Post
    BLUF..Didn't read all 22 pages here but have no doubt someone who posted therein has an answer to this inquiry......

Currently own the following:
    Ballistic Shellback Tactical Helmet which is awesome...except a tad heavy...

Ballistic Ops-Core SX which their Large is a bit too small

Ops-Core Bump with the Worm Dial (don't care for!)

Actively seeking the Lightest Ballistic Helmet on market which has an OCC/BOA Suspension System and most comfortable...Do have extra set of 4D Pads though..

Looking at Team Wendy or the impossible to find Ops-Core FAST top tier lid. Concerns on TW are their proprietary Rail System and also their odd sizing too. Anyone happen to own, or have owned BOTH of these at one point and can drop some gouge on what your preferences are & why?
    Thanks much & Semper Fi!
    I don't have experience with the TW ballistic but have owned and used for work an ACH, Gentex TBH-IIIA, Crye Airframe, and now FAST SF in the ballistic realm and the TW Backcountry SAR in the bump realm. Of all of those, the SF is obviously the most expensive so therefore it makes sense that its my favorite. What don't you like about the worm dial?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Thx for response....would this happen to be the Gentex?
    https://www.optactical.com/optabahemico.html

If so..what do ya think of it? I just picked one up NIB from a Marine on a Facebook Group for $400...that a good deal? It should arrive by this wknd.

On the Worm deal....I just don't like the way it adjusts the helmet to my head like the OCC Dial. I suppose it's not just the Worm Dial itself and involves the wiring used for the suspension system. The OCC just enables me to fit the Shellback to my head way better! It's super comfortable out of the box and saves alot!

That FAST SF is an illusive animal and tough to find without a 6 month wait! Where did you get yours and how long did it take? Oh, and I'm not the type to ask "How Much" either!
    S/F....🇺🇲

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)

Brain Bucket Thread

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFitz View Post
    Thx for response....would this happen to be the Gentex?
    https://www.optactical.com/optabahemico.html

If so..what do ya think of it? I just picked one up NIB from a Marine on a Facebook Group for $400...that a good deal? It should arrive by this wknd.

On the Worm deal....I just don't like the way it adjusts the helmet to my head like the OCC Dial. I suppose it's not just the Worm Dial itself and involves the wiring used for the suspension system. The OCC just enables me to fit the Shellback to my head way better! It's super comfortable out of the box and saves alot!

That FAST SF is an illusive animal and tough to find without a 6 month wait! Where did you get yours and how long did it take? Oh, and I'm not the type to ask "How Much" either!
    S/F....
    Yeah so I know you saw my other post but I liked the Gentex, but it was very heavy after coming from an Airframe. I also got a Large and needed to step up a size (I was in between on measurements but a hair towards the L vs XL so hoped it would be ok). I love my SF but did like the occ-dial a bit better, though I don’t notice a difference on the system, I thought the only difference was the actual dial (occ vs worm). The only reason that I preferred the occ is that it was a bit easier to adjust quickly (like under a canopy - I don’t own a bump so I jump with my ballistic helmets).

OPTactical actually has Fast SFs in XL/Tan in stock right now and on sale for a great price. They’ve had them for a bit because I got jealous when I saw the price, pretty sure it was comparable to the discount I got for mine from Weapon Outfitters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    AWESOME LEAD..THANKS!
    I suppose that's why I like the OCC Dial better too...the bigger "wheel" that's much easier to use vs Worm one...

What puzzles me on TW Lids are people saying that if you go too tight on the dial you just can't back it off a bit, you're forced to go all the way back to a "full reset" which loosens the entire system up. I guess this wouldn't be a deal breaker and would rather take comfort over the dial system.

Gonna get on that SF right now if everyone agrees they have a truly well rounded helmet with comfort and most of all...light weight!! That's what I need since I sustained both a TBI and Cervical Spine Damage from a massive IED Blast. Ounces DO make a difference!
    Semper...🇺🇲

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast