Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Brain Bucket Thread

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mballz23 View Post
    Looks good. I really do like their innovation in the market. Have you ran them with NODs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have not. Someday when the budget allows I will acquire some NODS but untill then I probably won't have a chance to. I will say MTEK have been awsome to deal with and they Ryan is a stand up guy. Helmet is comfortable and has a wide range of padding options to fit most head sizes. I have worn it for up to about 1.5 hours at a time so for long term use I can't really say but I'm not sure how comfortable any helmet is after several hours on your head. It it very comfortable and very light. Let me know if you guys have any other questions I'll do my best to answer them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GFX_9 View Post
    Doesnt appear to be a secured counterweight but im curious as well
    Looking at their design on the back of the helmet interests me if it can be ran without a counterweight. Their opening picture on their site is a helmet with NODs and appears to be no counterweight

Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by drummerdude1188 View Post
    I have not. Someday when the budget allows I will acquire some NODS but untill then I probably won't have a chance to. I will say MTEK have been awsome to deal with and they Ryan is a stand up guy. Helmet is comfortable and has a wide range of padding options to fit most head sizes. I have worn it for up to about 1.5 hours at a time so for long term use I can't really say but I'm not sure how comfortable any helmet is after several hours on your head. It it very comfortable and very light. Let me know if you guys have any other questions I'll do my best to answer them.
    Awesome. That's some more firsthand info I wanted on them. Don't need ballistic so looking at their bump helmets to use as a NOD host for pig hunting. I thought about a HHV Kevlar helmet but I'm coming to the conclusion I'd rather spring the extra hundred for a MTEK non ballistic

Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    my bucket is a team wendy exfil carbon. i really like the suspension system , it's like a reverse hammock for your head. it's comfortable and gives good air flow which is nice on those hot summer evenings. for lights i have an inforce wml for ir and white light. i also have a princeton tec charge pro , it has low power red/green/ir led's and a pretty bright white led and for a marker i went with a helstar 6. the counterweight is an ops-core kit , it bolts right up to a tw helmet and can hold a variety of things for ballast. i run a wilcox lanyard from the right rail using the old tw rail hack and use a norotos aka2 mount to hang a set of sentinels from. overall it's been a great setup.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

Ops Core Fast Bump
    Norotos RHNO II mount + Dual Dovetail adapter
    TNVC Mohawk MK1 counterweight using two out of four bars of weights supplied
    Agilite cover
    Core Survival Hel Star 6
    Surefire M1 in a VTAC mount
    Wilcox/TNVC lanyard
    Unity Tactical MARK
    Peltor Sport Tactical 100

Be careful of the brittle plastic "arms" that hold onto the metal sliders for the headband/helmet mounting adapters on the Peltor ear pro. Mine broke upon removal of the OEM headband and then continued break apart even more when I was manipulating the Unity Tactical MARK adapters (moving ear pro up/down and back to stow). I ended up getting some small zipties to secure the very top of the plastic arms and wrapped it up with black electrical tape, then added another ziptie on top. I even did this to the others ones that didn't break to prevent it later on. The Unity MARK does not have a nub to prevent the ear pro from sliding off, be aware.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the_1iviper View Post
    my bucket is a team wendy exfil carbon. i really like the suspension system , it's like a reverse hammock for your head. it's comfortable and gives good air flow which is nice on those hot summer evenings. for lights i have an inforce wml for ir and white light. i also have a princeton tec charge pro , it has low power red/green/ir led's and a pretty bright white led and for a marker i went with a helstar 6. the counterweight is an ops-core kit , it bolts right up to a tw helmet and can hold a variety of things for ballast. i run a wilcox lanyard from the right rail using the old tw rail hack and use a norotos aka2 mount to hang a set of sentinels from. overall it's been a great setup.

Opinion on Boogie Sport with bungies? Any delamination issues? Fogging?

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DevL View Post
    Opinion on Boogie Sport with bungies? Any delamination issues? Fogging?
    the regulators have worked out good. i haven't had any delamination issues with the tinted or clear lens's and they've been pretty good against scratches. you can get some fogging issues depending on how they fit you but a quick wipe down with some anti fog will usually take care of it. the vents help but the holes are kind of on the small side.

Feedback Score
    Doesn't add to the discussion, but a fun old pic of my helmet

[

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Dat Conex doe...

Quote Originally Posted by DCtheGB View Post
    Doesn't add to the discussion, but a fun old pic of my helmet

[

Feedback Score