Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: $1500 for new rifle

Feedback Score
    I have the PRO and T2, and prefer the T2. The total field of view (inside and out, combined) is much better along with the reduced weight. Otherwise, the PRO has been great for me since 2012.

Feedback Score
    I will check out both the h1 and t2 and see if i could fit them in on the budget. I do like the new midlength colt. All my previous and current AR's are carbine length systems. I think the 6960 is very reasonably priced as well. as for the 6920 over the 6720, from what i gather the main difference is barrel profile and not much else. I know there's also some variation to the 6920s furniture that i don't think is a standard option of the 6720?

Feedback Score
    Just in case you are not aware, you can save a little money if you do not need the night vision capability of the T series. Also, according to the specs, the T series has better water resistance and range of temperature. I suppose this is where all the extra money goes... however, the H series sights are still very, very good.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenarrow87 View Post
    I will check out both the h1 and t2 and see if i could fit them in on the budget

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have had an H1 for years and I'm more than satisfied with it
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    An IWC/G2X combo for $100 to work with the factory handguards, an Aimpoint PRO for $440, and a BFG VCAS for $55 or so will get you race ready for right at $1500. That's a very, very competent setup.

You could do a more streamlined and lightweight setup for $1500 and hold off on getting an H1 or H2, but it's not as though you really need to shave a ton of weight off accessories to keep a 6720 light.

As for the 6960... if you think you'll ever want a longer handguard, it makes sense to me. Get it for $1200 or so, add a set of DD irons for $125, VCAS for $55, QD swivels from MI for $25, and a Surefire X300U for $196 off Amazon right now. That's $100 over, you could come in at budget with a G2X and Arisaka ring mount for $100, but I do think having an X300 at 12:00 is worth the extra money. And obviously you're still holding off for an optic.

I could live happily with either one, but the first once certainly gets you off the ground quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Just in case you are not aware, you can save a little money if you do not need the night vision capability of the T series. Also, according to the specs, the T series has better water resistance and range of temperature. I suppose this is where all the extra money goes... however, the H series sights are still very, very good.
    My understanding is that the T series is simply warrantied for harsher conditions than the H series, not that it's built differently to accommodate them. I forget where this was suggested, but I recall it being by someone at Aimpoint. Either way, I've had three that have been exceedingly durable, two of which live or lived on Ultimak gas tubes for AK's.
    Last edited by Uprange41; 02-13-17 at 15:59.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post

+1

And, if you do sell/trade at some point in the future, you will have a well known brand to sell, not a "Who made it?" brand rifle.

Good Luck.

Feedback Score
    Not sure about warranty, but the tech specs in the manual are as follows:

Temp: H-2 -20F to 140F; T-2 -50F to 160F
    Water: H-2 15 feet; T-2 80 feet

Honestly, aside from NV, I didn't think they were built any different. Maybe they are not.

ETA : Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Inebriated View Post
    My understanding is that the T series is simply warrantied for harsher conditions than the H series, not that it's built differently to accommodate them. I forget where this was suggested, but I recall it being by someone at Aimpoint. Either way, I've had three that have been exceedingly durable, two of which live or lived on Ultimak gas tubes for AK's.
    Last edited by tehpwnag3; 02-13-17 at 16:38. Reason: Added manual

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    Not sure about warranty, but the tech specs in the manual are as follows:

Temp: H-2 -20F to 140F; T-2 -50F to 160F
    Water: H-2 15 feet; T-2 80 feet

Honestly, aside from NV, I didn't think they were built any different. Maybe they are not.

ETA : Manual
    The manual lists the specs for which the optic is warrantied.

I'll see if I can find the discussion about it when I have time this evening, but I do not believe they're built any differently aside from settings and coatings.

Feedback Score
    That would be great. It kind of leads the consumer to believe the H series is a lesser quality optic, which it shouldn't be.

Feedback Score
    Another off-the-shelf rifle you could look at is the FN 15 Tactical II: https://fnamerica.com/products/rifle...5-tactical-ii/

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast