Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: $1500 for new rifle

Feedback Score
    Howdy!

A few sites now have the LE6920 OEM1-SS in stock for around $770. This is the stock OEM1 but comes with the Matrix Magpul kit. So you get a full 6920 with Magpul gear for less than $800.

This can free up a couple bucks for you to use on an optic and whatnot. Check out ratworxusa or speedyffl. Ive used both companies and they both are good.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Another off-the-shelf rifle you could look at is the FN 15 Tactical II: https://fnamerica.com/products/rifle...5-tactical-ii/

I have one of these. It is a very decent rifle. Ive only had it since Christmas...soo take that as you will.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
    i had the will power to not buy guns. I even bought a gun store and work for a company that manufactures the forging machines for said guns. I need help.

Feedback Score
    https://www.tombstonetactical.com/ca...6mm-16in-30rd/

This. Others have said it before me but it deserves repeating. This. If I was starting from scratch, after going through about a dozen iterations and wearing out several barrels, I would definitely buy this. Magpul MBUS sights and a surefire light with a VCAS sling and aimpoint and be done with the equipment and just shoot.

Feedback Score
    Go with G&R for the Colt, he gives forum member discounts. It is a win, win.
    "A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
    - George Washington

"Some of you would bitch if a hot blonde served you a perfect steak and beer of choice while naked and performed acts not described." Mark5pt56

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I buy a bcm upper, then a complete lower. Snap it together. Kac micros and gtg. $1350 or so. I've done this a few times. It was even better when bcm was going free bcgs with upper purchase.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tehpwnag3 View Post
    That would be great. It kind of leads the consumer to believe the H series is a lesser quality optic, which it shouldn't be.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7aYT-VsxJU

This is what I was thinking of. 8:10, he essentially says that the Aimpoint rep wouldn't elaborate any more than "the warranty for the T1 covers this, the warranty for the H1 covers that."

Which makes sense to me because Aimpoint does have a professional and personal warranty for their optics (pro use is 2 years, personal is 10 years). So the notion of covering different use types is already there. So I do believe the H1/H2 intended use is the difference between them (besides coatings and settings). All speculation until Aimpoint says otherwise, but it makes sense to me.

Feedback Score
    You said the main purpose is HD. I would seriously consider a BCM 14.5" mid-length with permanently attached A2 flash hider. Short as possible without the NFA form hassles. The 14.5" handles really nice indoors.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Animalhd1 View Post
    You said the main purpose is HD. I would seriously consider a BCM 14.5" mid-length with permanently attached A2 flash hider. Short as possible without the NFA form hassles. The 14.5" handles really nice indoors.
    OP I'd ignore this advice in terms of bbl length. Stay 16 as it affords easily attainable options.
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by R0CKETMAN View Post
    OP I'd ignore this advice in terms of bbl length. Stay 16 as it affords easily attainable options.
    Excuse me for giving my opinion. He said he's looking for primarily a HD weapon. The 14.5 is a little better balanced and will be slightly handier in a HD weapon. The only options needed for HD are a white light, sling and a decent optic. Free floating, fancy rails and whatever else is unnecessary. I have several 16" guns and my 14.5 is my go to for HD for reasons stated.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    IF you haven't already had it, get some training. An awesome setup without the ability to efficiently employ it is useless.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast