Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Digital Mobile Radio - DMR

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    DMR is incredible.

The Sweat Mountain Repeater's coverage is absolutely phenomenal.
    It is indeed. I'm bouncing around between sweat, the BSRG repeaters on pine log and sweat, and the Georgia DMR repeater in Dallas.

I'm intrigued enough I may put up a low power local repeater for my property since West Cobb is kind of a hole for the various repeater coverage.

Still looking for a decent Metro Atlanta coverage repeater. Looks like k1dmr is not on the air. So the closest I've been able to find seems to be Sandy Springs. Any suggestions?

Also what talk groups are folks hanging out on? most activity I hear is on GA and tac310 outside of the local 2 linked traffic on the bsrg repeaters. Seems like k4usd sweat's tac310 is not working.

Now you just need to convince the PRC 152 or 148 CCR guy to make it DMR. Though the md390 is pretty tough!

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    For the Sweat Mountain Machine, Local 9 is usually where the most action is. The Sandy Springs repeater has a lot of activity on the Bridge TG. I've had decent luck getting reception in W. Cobb/Paulding.

K1DMR was *the* repeater until it went offline. Ken was involved in a lawsuit that may, or may not, have been part of why it went down.

If there was a DMR Prick, I would buy them buy the bucketload!

Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    It is indeed. I'm bouncing around between sweat, the BSRG repeaters on pine log and sweat, and the Georgia DMR repeater in Dallas.

I'm intrigued enough I may put up a low power local repeater for my property since West Cobb is kind of a hole for the various repeater coverage.

Still looking for a decent Metro Atlanta coverage repeater. Looks like k1dmr is not on the air. So the closest I've been able to find seems to be Sandy Springs. Any suggestions?

Also what talk groups are folks hanging out on? most activity I hear is on GA and tac310 outside of the local 2 linked traffic on the bsrg repeaters. Seems like k4usd sweat's tac310 is not working.

Now you just need to convince the PRC 152 or 148 CCR guy to make it DMR. Though the md390 is pretty tough!

Feedback Score
    Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Well, even though the thread got randomly bumped...I'll go ahead and say I enjoyed the conversation here. A lot of the radios discussed back in 2017-2019 have been superseded. I got into Yaesu C4FM last year with an FTM-300DR and FT3DR, and like the system a lot- but there's not a lot going on where I live. I have an Anytone 878uv II on the way to test out DMR. It's definitely a lot more complicated to set up than fusion.

I'm interested in D-STAR as well, but I'm honestly concerned it's going to die out of the market since the only HT sold that supports it today is the new ICOM 52A. That's well outside of most people's budget for an HT.
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BrigandTwoFour View Post
    Well, even though the thread got randomly bumped...
    That would have been my fat thumb on the phone

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345