Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C range day in North Texas

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

M4C range day in North Texas

Hi all,

Several of us M4C'ers in DFW/North Texas area chatted about getting together for a range day at ETTS near Waxahachie sometime in March, similar to the FLA folks gathering from a few months ago. No date has been set, just a lot of banter so far. Moving the idea over to this area of the forum to see how much interest there is among our Texas brothers and sisters.

NC

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    Depending on work and training schedules, I would be interested in attending. I have never been to that facility, but it is within driving distance.

I'm going to the Rangemaster Tactical Conference on March 17-19, so that weekend is already taken for me.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    Depending on work and training schedules, I would be interested in attending. I have never been to that facility, but it is within driving distance.

I'm going to the Rangemaster Tactical Conference on March 17-19, so that weekend is already taken for me.
    Are week days a possibility? I have a work schedule with some weekdays off, others may also

NC

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would be in for this. ETTS is my home range and I am qualified on the long range.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Not sure about others but weekdays would be pretty difficult without taking a vacation day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    Not sure about others but weekdays would be pretty difficult without taking a vacation day.

ok...we should start looking for a weekend, I prefer Sunday, only because the range tends to have less people...unless the temp is really low, like under 50 here in Tejas!

NC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    ok...we should start looking for a weekend, I prefer Sunday, only because the range tends to have less people...unless the temp is really low, like under 50 here in Tejas!

NC
    Agreed, Saturdays are always slammed at any range. But I do believe we could claim a bay at ETTS right? RJAcobs, care to confirm or disprove? Cause if we could do that busy or not wouldn't matter.

Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mballz23 View Post
    Agreed, Saturdays are always slammed at any range. But I do believe we could claim a bay at ETTS right? RJAcobs, care to confirm or disprove? Cause if we could do that busy or not wouldn't matter.
    I would have to talk to the owner and see if thats possible. Ive honestly never asked.

Once you get there and you claim a bay, its yours until you leave, but to pre-claim a bay, not sure. They will bring whatever steel out you want generally too. Last time I took a small group on a Saturday we had no problem getting a pistol bay, although it was 100 degrees outside.

The 2nd and 3rd weekends of every month they have competitions(steel match and 3 gun), but those are usually limited to pistol bays and the un-known distance range. The first weekend might be IPSC, but its not run by ETTS. The bigger AR bays are usually not used although I have seen one of the back bays being used for CCW range time. The long range is hit or miss with it being busy.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    I would have to talk to the owner and see if thats possible. Ive honestly never asked.

Once you get there and you claim a bay, its yours until you leave, but to pre-claim a bay, not sure. They will bring whatever steel out you want generally too. Last time I took a small group on a Saturday we had no problem getting a pistol bay, although it was 100 degrees outside.

The 2nd and 3rd weekends of every month they have competitions(steel match and 3 gun), but those are usually limited to pistol bays and the un-known distance range. The first weekend might be IPSC, but its not run by ETTS. The bigger AR bays are usually not used although I have seen one of the back bays being used for CCW range time. The long range is hit or miss with it being busy.
    Mar 11/12 and 25/26 I am available. Apr 1/2 are also a possibility, but we are supposed to move into a new house right about that time, so the other dates would be preferable.

NC

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Looking at ETTS's calendar, Mar 12 is an open day with no classes or competitions.

http://www.ettsgunrange.com/etts-calendar/

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast