Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C range day in North Texas

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rjacobs View Post
    I would have to talk to the owner and see if thats possible. Ive honestly never asked.

Once you get there and you claim a bay, its yours until you leave, but to pre-claim a bay, not sure. They will bring whatever steel out you want generally too. Last time I took a small group on a Saturday we had no problem getting a pistol bay, although it was 100 degrees outside.

The 2nd and 3rd weekends of every month they have competitions(steel match and 3 gun), but those are usually limited to pistol bays and the un-known distance range. The first weekend might be IPSC, but its not run by ETTS. The bigger AR bays are usually not used although I have seen one of the back bays being used for CCW range time. The long range is hit or miss with it being busy.
    Yeah I would assume we'd have to get there fairly early to claim a bay. That's kinda what I was getting at. But if we could get it prior that would be cool too. We should definitely make this a reoccurring thing for guys that can't make the first meet dependent on dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mballz23 View Post
    Yeah I would assume we'd have to get there fairly early to claim a bay. That's kinda what I was getting at. But if we could get it prior that would be cool too. We should definitely make this a reoccurring thing for guys that can't make the first meet dependent on dates.

I'm up for being there when they open. 0800 or 0900 start. I'll lobby for Sunday, Mar 12.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nightchief View Post
    ok...we should start looking for a weekend, I prefer Sunday, only because the range tends to have less people...unless the temp is really low, like under 50 here in Tejas!

NC
    Agreed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yea Sunday the 12th would work. I dont have my work schedule yet so I cant confirm. If I make it up there this week(once it dries out) ill talk to the owner and ask about reserving a bay.

Just be aware that if it rains within a day or two before, dont go, its mostly all dirt and turns to mud very easily. I stay clear for 3-4 days after a heavy rain like last night. The pistol bays arent as bad because they are covered with old ground up asphalt that has been laid down and compacted a bit, but the AR bays are straight dirt/mud. The 200 yard target range is covered and concrete as is the long range.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Haha! The 12th is my first day back to work after vacay, so I'll be missing the first one. I'll keep up with this, and keep an eye on we can come up with for future days, though.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by echo5whiskey View Post
    Haha! The 12th is my first day back to work after vacay, so I'll be missing the first one. I'll keep up with this, and keep an eye on we can come up with for future days, though.
    Echo5, Sorry you will be unable to attend the inaugural gathering. Hopefully there will be many more.

Are we committed to Mar 12, weather permitting?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Echo5, Sorry you will be unable to attend the inaugural gathering. Hopefully there will be many more.

Sometimes life just happens. The world doesn't revolve around me, so it's all good. Hopefully there's enough interest in this, that there WILL be more
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

I'm writing it in my calendar.

"Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So march 12th?

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    [QUOTE=Kenneth;2457608]So march 12th?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

Yes...Mar 12 at ETTS

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast