Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: M4C range day in North Texas

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I frequented(past tense) ETTS for the past year. About a month or two ago I went out and they had removed all steel due to asshats shooting it to pieces. The refused to bring any out.

I am a member at the Lone Star Gun Club in Mesquite. Almost the same setup as ETTS, but way less rules(If that's even possible)They also have a 600 yard range(15 stations) with 5-6 steel plates set up at the 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 hundred yard lines.

It's also $20 per person vs $30 at ETTS. Either way I'm in, but I think ETTS is overrated and I used to drive 1.5 hours to get there twice a month.

I also shoot almost every weekend, in numerous disciplines. If anyone wants to meet up and drop some hammers or just grab a meal or coffee and talk guns in North Texas send me a PM and we can exchange numbers. I live in McKinney.
    Last edited by CPM; 02-22-17 at 01:01.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    I frequented(past tense) ETTS for the past year. About a month or two ago I went out and they had removed all steel due to asshats shooting it to pieces. The refused to bring any out.

I am a member at the Lone Star Gun Club in Mesquite. Almost the same setup as ETTS, but way less rules(If that's even possible)They also have a 600 yard range(15 stations) with 5-6 steel plates set up at the 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 hundred yard lines.

It's also $20 per person vs $30 at ETTS. Either way I'm in, but I think ETTS is overrated and I used to drive 1.5 hours to get there twice a month.

I also shoot almost every weekend, in numerous disciplines. If anyone wants to meet up and drop some hammers or just grab a meal or coffee and talk guns in North Texas send me a PM and we can exchange numbers. I live in McKinney.
    I'm good with either place...about the same drive for me. Might be a longer drive for the folks south of the metroplex or northwest of it. I just wanna meet some of you all and have a good day shooting.
    NC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wherever you guys go, stay safe, have fun, and take lots of pictures. At least let me have a good time, vicariously. lol
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thats news to me that ETTS has removed all steel.

I havent been in a few months though due to work obligations.

In any event, I am not going to be able to make the 12th as I will be out of the country those days. Just got my March/April schedule.

Oh well, have fun guys.

Feedback Score
    46 (100%)
    You know, it's a pity that Meshack's BBQ in Garland is not open on Sunday. It's not that far a drive from Lone Star Gun Club in Mesquite.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    You know, it's a pity that Meshack's BBQ in Garland is not open on Sunday. It's not that far a drive from Lone Star Gun Club in Mesquite.
    Could always move it to the 11th.
    "All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing." -Edmund Burke

"It is better to be thought a fool and to remain silent, than to speak and remove all doubt." -Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    While I'm unable to do any Sunday stuff, I'm always at the NTSA carbine (1st Saturday of month) and handgun (3rd Saturday) match.

NTSA is about a half hour north of DFW. I'm a Squad Leader/RSO so we wouldn't have to worry about a random loud mouth, just a known loud mouth. Nah, I kid. We're all pretty calm and patient.

We could squad together as long as it doesn't make our squad too heavy. Generally 30-40 shooters and 4 squads. No prize table with USPSA style scoring.

The Match Directors always do a great job of making "dual purpose" COF's to fit all skill levels. Very "first match" friendly. All right, I'm rambling... Click the "submit post" button already...

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    While I'm unable to do any Sunday stuff, I'm always at the NTSA carbine (1st Saturday of month) and handgun (3rd Saturday) match.

NTSA is about a half hour north of DFW. I'm a Squad Leader/RSO so we wouldn't have to worry about a random loud mouth, just a known loud mouth. Nah, I kid. We're all pretty calm and patient.

We could squad together as long as it doesn't make our squad too heavy. Generally 30-40 shooters and 4 squads. No prize table with USPSA style scoring.

The Match Directors always do a great job of making "dual purpose" COF's to fit all skill levels. Very "first match" friendly. All right, I'm rambling... Click the "submit post" button already...
    All these options!!! Great to see all this interest in getting together. Though we need to commit to a location. All of these options work for me. My main criteria is the freedom to shoot fmj ammo, and be able to shoot on the move, draw, etc. I can't stand places that only allow bench shooting.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post

It's more driving but sounds like a good option to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'll be shooting IDPA this Saturday just north of McKinney. Anyone want to join? I'll drive, shoot me a pm.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast