Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast

Thread: Eotech still a no-go or?

Feedback Score
    The Eotech is firmly fixed in the "mind" of the public and military due to: military seen using it and lowest bidder for government contracts. I think it comes down to what you are most accustomed to in terms of the question or "reticle" and so forth. I've tried Eotechs on/off for years, and never have taken a liking to them. It's the single red dot for me of the Aimpoint with its long history of high quality and durability that makes the Aimpoint my optic of choice on my ARs.

To each his own.

Arguing about which is 'superior' is rather foolish, in my opinion.

A reasonable pro/con of each optic system is helpful for those considering their options.

If you can afford to, get both and spent quality trigger time with each in as many scenarios you can imagine for yourself in various drills and then reach your own conclusions.

Feedback Score
    I've been an Aimpoint guy since the M68 CCO but now that I am getting old and feeble I feel like I'm looking through a Mcdonald's straw with my T1s and I think an EXPS3 with the upgraded guts/coatings(2017 and newer) might be the answer.

I was always a hair faster with the Eotech but just didn't like screwing with batteries or having that big brick on top of my rig but I don't like getting old and wearing bifocals either so what's old is new again I guess?

The new Eotechs are supposed to be GTG with every single issue from previous models fixed and the new 10 year warranty I might give them another go.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Good call. You won't regret it. I much prefer my EXPS3-0 over my T-2.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Used to be an Eotech guy but sent them all in for refunds during that whole debacle and have been running Aimpoints and Trijicons ever since.

I'm not opposed to giving them a second chance. Currently waiting for an DD MK18 (along with a suppresor) and have been toying with the idea of purchasing a EXPS2 with the new green reticle to go on that rifle.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    After running T1s and T2s for so long now, there's absolutely no way I could ever go back to an Eotech.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I am a few months in with my first Eotech and I am really liking it. I was a bit hesitant after reading about all of the prior issues but with the new warranty in place I decided to give it a try. Granted my experiences so far have been limited to range trips but I am looking to take a class in the near future and see how it does.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Run N Shoot View Post
    I am a few months in with my first Eotech and I am really liking it. I was a bit hesitant after reading about all of the prior issues but with the new warranty in place I decided to give it a try. Granted my experiences so far have been limited to range trips but I am looking to take a class in the near future and see how it does.
    I lasted a grand total of 3 months with my Eotech. I’ve always had Aimpoints, and getting use to a Eotech proved too much for me.

The reticle has too much going on for my liking, the concept of having to turn it off sucked, and knowing if I had to pull it out and turn it on when I needed it were moments lost. When all my other guns were ready to go with Aimpoints or RMRs.

Their were too many disadvantages I that found with Eotech that just werent there with Aimpoints I quickly sold my EXPS 2 and replaced it with a H2, and love it. It was cool to try out, but I doubt I’ll ever try another one again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Run N Shoot View Post
    What have you used prior? My first CQ optic was an EOTech and so I’m the opposite of JulyAZ, when I bought my first Aimpoint (M4S)my blown away factor was all of zero. I’m faster with an EOTech, and my current configuration, I’m reaching for a hand gun before an AR, should I need to reach a little further over to the AR, my finger is hitting hr power button as I’m slinging it. Could I be as quick with an Aimpoint? Maybe. The optic is designed for close quarters fighting. “Fighting through the Ring” is just by nature a faster optic. But I also believe that likewise another person could develop the muscle memory needed I press the button for a second. So 6 in one half dozen in he other. I don’t use it for ranging or any of that over stuff. It’s just a really fast optic when you lean to let go of the dot and embrace the ring.
    That’s the key to the speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertTheTexan View Post
    What have you used prior? My first CQ optic was an EOTech and so I’m the opposite of JulyAZ, when I bought my first Aimpoint (M4S)my blown away factor was all of zero. I’m faster with an EOTech, and my current configuration, I’m reaching for a hand gun before an AR, should I need to reach a little further over to the AR, my finger is hitting hr power button as I’m slinging it. Could I be as quick with an Aimpoint? Maybe. The optic is designed for close quarters fighting. “Fighting through the Ring” is just by nature a faster optic. But I also believe that likewise another person could develop the muscle memory needed I press the button for a second. So 6 in one half dozen in he other. I don’t use it for ranging or any of that over stuff. It’s just a really fast optic when you lean to let go of the dot and embrace the ring.
    That’s the key to the speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I have tried 3x prisms, MRO’s, and the Holosun 503GU. I still have these optics on other rifles but when I tried the Holosun I really liked the circle dot so I decided to take the Eotech plunge. I keep the rifle with the Eotech bedside each night.

The reaseach now goes to magnifiers. Eotech is probably out due to cost but since this is likely not going to see very much hard use I am looking at Riton or Vortex.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I snagged up an Eotech. As long as its new manufacture (2017 or newer) i’d trust it. They also carry a 10 year warranty on there holographic optics manufactured 2017 or newer. Holographics manufactured before that only carry a 2 year warranty. Seems as though they’ve worked out the issues and I love the way the Eotech recticle works.

Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast