Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Eotech still a no-go or?

Feedback Score
    I like the idea of eotech and the reticle, but if it's for an hd gun, the battery life of the aimpoint and other options is too great of an advantage for me to consider eotechs.

Ymmv.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I am glad the OP asked this question. Things may have changed at EOTech in the past six months and not covered in an old thread. Anyone who purchased an EOTech in the past few months may have a different opinion about the sight.

I like the reticle on the EOTech and wanted to give it another look. I have a new carbine inbound and contemplated buying an EOTech sight if the issue with thermal drift was addressed. After reading this document on the EoTech website, http://www.eotechinc.com/dear-valued-eotech-customer , I decided the EoTech did not suite my purposes. A 3.5 MOA shift in zero is unacceptable to me.
    Last edited by T2C; 02-22-17 at 07:38.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My sample of 1 has been fine for 4,800 rounds so far. It's an EXPS3 mounted on a DD middy. No issues losing zero but this isn't a work rifle or anything. I still have an Aimpoint T2 on my main home defense AR, a 16" BCM. I do prefer the Eotech's reticle and field of view to my Aimpoint in all aspects of actual shooting, but the Aimpoint's battery life sealed the deal for a HD AR.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    I also like the PRO, but I do not own one - yet anyway. I just spent the past few weeks giving a CompM4S a go that one of my friends from the forum sent me to check out and see how I like it. I was pretty settled on the CompM4S, but the PRO has now found its way into my analysis. I think it boils down to battery life, battery type, durability and some of those points are subjective. I'm seeing some CompM4 and M4S's go for about 420-440 in good used condition. It's hard for me to use cost as a reason to go with the PRO when I can pick one up for $420. I've done some advanced searches and have read oodles of threads. I think I'm just going to have to buy one or the other and be done with it. I don't think either are a wrong decision. One will leave me with more money in my bank account than the other will.

OP - you may be in a similar boat.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    that simply does not exist, they all have issues. what a consumer needs to weigh is if those issues are important to them.
    Valid point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Like pictures of guns, dogs, and trucks? Me too. Let's be friends, or not, whatever you want to do. Just an option
    Instagram

Psalm 140:4
    Profile pic by 556 Productions

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    For what you are looking for, an Aimpoint PRO would be my recommendation as well. I've got one on one of my carbines and I like it far better than the Comp M2 that was on it before. It includes a decent mount and they can be had for under $400 if you look hard enough.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have three Eoechs of various vintages, shooting year round in Minnesota. I've never had an issue with any Eotech - they all have worked fine. No fade, no zero shift (that I've ever noticed). They've been rugged and durable. Having said that, I have a couple of Aimpoint PRO's that I got for under $400. They appear to cost a little more now, but IMHO the PRO is a far better deal than the cheapest XPS Eotech.

Feedback Score
    A couple of weeks ago I rolled the dice. New EXPS-2-0 on a Colt. Already have an Aimpoint PRO and just wanted something different. Not much use yet so I guess time will tell.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Having owned an Eotech XPS, I would go with an Aimpoint PRO.
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpine2k3 View Post
    Having owned an Eotech XPS, I would go with an Aimpoint PRO.
    Having owned both.
    I would go with the Eo-tech.

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast