Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sphinx pistols?

Feedback Score

Sphinx pistols?

See some reviews and ads, but anyone actually handle/shoot one?

Feedback Score
    I actually got to hold and examine a full size 9mm about 2 years ago.

Seemed very well made, pretty heavy and reminded me of a very well finished Baby Desert Eagle or maybe the full size Witness/Tanfoglio guns. They're made in Switzerland and it shows.

The other thing I remembered was the price tag....around 3 grand.

That is all I know about them...don't know anyone that owns one and the dealer had never shot one either.

-brickboy240

Interesting but nothing I'd drop that kind of cash on...ever.

Feedback Score
    Handled them, shot them, friends use them. But never got around to spend so much money on CZ 75 clone. Original works good enough.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    I am not presently in the market, but I sent them a message, sort of "tongue in cheek" asking them if they were really planning on bringing more models to market, as well as their Defiance fiber optic night sights. I was a bit surprised when they responded within about a day and said that "soon, very soon, they would have additional models here in the U.S." I think that translates into the fact that they will be offering green, sand and bi-tone in the compact soon, with larger models to come even later - whenever that may be.

Elkhound
    In Hoc Signo Vinces

"The nine most terrifying words in the english language are 'I'm from the Government and I'm here to help'." Ronald Reagan

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    While I haven't shot, nor seen one in person, there are several CDP's on Gunbroker. Like you, I would be looking at a model that has the Defiance Fiber Optic Night Sights. I saw a few of them for sale months ago, I believe they were the krypton model or something. I believe there was also a pretty honest review of one of the new CDP's in Recoil magazine.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I think I'd rather have two (or three) H&Ks.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    I admit even though I know a lot of handgun manufacturers, I have not heard of Sphinx up until a few months ago - and that was via their ad in a magazine. Even though I live in a free state and have a lot of friends are firearms enthusiasts, I am yet to see one myself, or meet with someone who has seen/touched/fired one. Way too expensive for my taste.

I'd rather have a real CZ 75 instead of a clone for that much money plus a few cases of ammo for practice...

Feedback Score
    I handled one at the rod and gun club in Munich in 1988. Comparing it side by side with with the pre B CZ 75 that I later bought. The quality, fit and finish were apparent but so was the price tag. $850 compared to the $275 I paid for the CZ NIB. Then as now my paycheck made the decision for me. Really wanted the Sphinx though.Looking at the current prices makes me wish I had bought the Sphinx.

Feedback Score
    I would like to see a full size or long slide under $2k

fat chance though

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Isn't the SDP line retailing for around a 1,000 dollars?

Quite honestly, I think it's a better gun than Sig (reports say it has the best DA/SA trigger out of all production guns). I have no doubts it's finely engineered. I just hope magazines aren't ridiculously priced and the support from Kriss will be excellent. I've always been fond of DA/SA and I think it may be a winner. I would love to find one though and be able to fondle it. If I find one, it is definitely on my short list for purchase.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast