Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sig P938 for EDC?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sig P938 for EDC?

Anyone carrying the Sig P938 as their concealed?
    If so, have you been pleased with it and would you recommend it?

Trying to pick my first CCW is more difficult than I thought it'd be. So many options!

Thank you for your time.

Feedback Score

Sig P938 for EDC?

I carried it for a short while, wasn't a fan of the manual safety and went back to my Glock's

It's an excellent small carry gun if you prefer a hammer fired manual safety...extremely easy to conceal and reliable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    As stated above it is a great ccw, would be much better suited for someone that shoots the 1911 a lot.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Agree with both of them. Best shooting pocket 9 but I do not carry a 1911. If you do, it is a sweet shooter.

Feedback Score
    My son has one and he loves it. I carry a Beretta Nano.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    l test fired one when I was looking for a small 9mm. The deal breaker was that for my hands, it was just too small to shoot well and I found it had sharp corners that dug into my hand.

Purely subjective but there it is.

For me, it isn't just about how well it conceals. Aside from reliability, I need to be able to shoot it well.
    Last edited by Redhat; 02-21-17 at 18:39.

Feedback Score
    I've got two of them. One is on me every day, either pocket, IWB, or OWB.
    Very shootable, very accurate, and mine have been totally reliable.
    I've been shooting 1911's for over 45 years, so the manual of arms works for me.
    Skip

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Excellent CCW. I carry mine in a holster that fits a chest pocket in my heavy coat. On my person at home from when I awaken to when I go to sleep. Out to 30 feet, easy to keep all rounds in the 9 and 10 ring of the B27 target - I may be the limiting factor. Accurate and reliable. And, my Wife loves hers. She uses the Hogue rubber grips with finger molds and I prefer G10 grips.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought a P938 SAS in December of 2015 and carry it almost every day. If you are familiar with the 1911 manual of arms, you should be comfortable with it's operation.

If you buy one, watch the grip screws. I lost one somewhere around the 3,000 round mark. I ordered new screws from Top Gun Supply and replaced the one I lost on the range. It loosened up again and blue Loctite did not keep it from backing out again. I inserted a # 60 O Ring between the screw and grip and it has not come loose.

The recommended recoil spring replacement interval is 1,500 rounds. I did not pay any attention to this until 3,000 rounds, but did not have any cycling issues.

Hornady 124g HST is reasonably accurate at 25 yards. Shooting 7 shot sub 4" groups is not uncommon. Most of the time I practice with Federal 115g FMJ aluminum case ammunition and it is good enough for practice out to 25 yards.

I shoot at least 150-200 rounds each time I hit the range and I believe recoil is manageable. If you have a chance to shoot one before you buy it would be a plus.

Feedback Score
    I've had several. They are good guns, no question. If it strikes your fancy, get one.

That said, I never could really gel with it. Just a tetch big for pocket carry. Doable, but big. And I never really noticed an advantage if I belt carried one. Comfortable, plenty thin, but I found I prefer a more duty sized gun for belt carry, more like a USP or P226.

But that's me. Lots of guys carry them and love them. I can't really give you a reason not to carry one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast