Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What ammo to stock up on for M4?

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

What ammo to stock up on for M4?

Hey guys,

I want to build up an ammo stash for my M4. What round would you recommend? All I have is some Privi right now. I want ammo for "combat" purposes.

What is a good price for 1000 rounds of m855?
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    I much prefer M193 or 75gr stuff.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Anything in 55 grain right now. Easy to find training ammo for it if you do not reload.

Problem I have with M855 is I cannot use it at my range or find it on the shelves at places.

I can always find 55 grain FMJ.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shihan View Post
    I much prefer M193 or 75gr stuff.
    I agree. Although M855 is an acceptable choice, it doesn't do much of anything well. I'd shoot it without complaint if it were issued to me. But for the price it commands.... forget it.

Priv is a good practice round, but someone here shot it into a barrel of water and it didn't fragment at all. (I want to try this test too some time.) XM193 is a good stash round for bulk. 75 gr 5.56 TAP is a good round, but it goes for about a buck per round.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I agree with those who say M193 for bulk stash.

However, I have 75 Gn. TAP loaded in all my SHTF Mags which is 20 Mags worth (600 rounds) in various locations. In the Gun, Chest Rig, Bug out Bag, Storage Locker etc.

I like others just can't bring myself to buy more 75 Gn or 77 Gn ammo than what I would readily need to "Get out of Dogge" IF ( a big IF) I ever had to.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Why, 5.45x39mm of course.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I agree on the 75 gt. 5.56 Hornady TAP... or 77gr. MK 262 if you can get it. Both run almost perfectly identical ballistics and costs very similar ($1 per bang!)

training ammo can be anything that doesn't damage your weapon (for close range bullet weight won't make a significant difference.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IdahoCorsair View Post
    I agree on the 75 gt. 5.56 Hornady TAP... or 77gr. MK 262 if you can get it. Both run almost perfectly identical ballistics and costs very similar ($1 per bang!)

I bought 3 boxes of the TAP 556. But the problem is... I can't get myself to fire any of it... it costs TOO MUCH to shoot!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I just bought 600 rounds of the wolf 75 grain ammo. For the price, I think it's worth it.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by demigod View Post
    I bought 3 boxes of the TAP 556. But the problem is... I can't get myself to fire any of it... it costs TOO MUCH to shoot!
    Easy fix. Just give up some of those premium channels you told me to turn the knob to.
    If I can't watch them, no one else should either.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast