Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aimpoint 3X-C vs. 3X magnifiers.

Feedback Score

Aimpoint 3X-C vs. 3X magnifiers.

I was curious if anyone here had any experience with the new Aimpoint 3X-C magnifier. I want to invest in the highest quality magnifier I can afford for my HD rifle to place behind my T2, but the 3X magnifier is very expensive around $800. I want the magnifier to be durable to be able to use in classes etc., and wanted to see if the 3X-C was good to go or if I should hold out and save up for the 3X (or even 6X - is a 6X too much magnification for a 5.56 AR?). Is there a big difference in durability, glass quality between the 3X-C and the 3X? I would greatly appreciate any advice & like to know what you guys think. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cane55 View Post
    I was curious if anyone here had any experience with the new Aimpoint 3X-C magnifier. I want to invest in the highest quality magnifier I can afford for my HD rifle to place behind my T2, but the 3X magnifier is very expensive around $800. I want the magnifier to be durable to be able to use in classes etc., and wanted to see if the 3X-C was good to go or if I should hold out and save up for the 3X (or even 6X - is a 6X too much magnification for a 5.56 AR?). Is there a big difference in durability, glass quality between the 3X-C and the 3X? I would greatly appreciate any advice & like to know what you guys think. Thanks.

Yes, I wrote up the below article and have been using the Aimpoint 3X-C since a little while before I wrote it, and have retained it with continued use.

http://www.recoilweb.com/new-aimpoin...-2-106327.html
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Note that the 3X-C has only ~2.2" of eye relief, compared to the 3XMag-1's ~2.76".
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I own a 3x-c due to Stickman and have not been disappointed in the least. I wouldn't mind if it had 1" more eye relief due to how I use it, but it's a minor thing.

I use Aimpoint's flip/twist mount and have an extra base so I can share it between two rifles.
    Will - Owner of Arisaka LLC - http://www.arisakadefense.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Note that the 3X-C has only ~2.2" of eye relief, compared to the 3XMag-1's ~2.76".

You've used both, or are you commenting based on whitepaper specs?
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    You've used both, or are you commenting based on whitepaper specs?
    I'm just going off the spec sheet.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slippers View Post
    I own a 3x-c due to Stickman and have not been disappointed in the least. I wouldn't mind if it had 1" more eye relief due to how I use it, but it's a minor thing.

I use Aimpoint's flip/twist mount and have an extra base so I can share it between two rifles.
    Glad you like it. I've been impressed with the 3X-C. The 3X military model is currently in hand and I'm starting to work with it. I think once more people start using both, the 3X-C will continue to outsell the .mil model. I wish I could put a percentage on the difference between the two, but it would be total guesstimation on my part. I should talk with my Aimpoint contacts and see if they have hard numbers.
    Stick

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    I'm just going off the spec sheet.

The feel in hand is different in actual use, the paper doesn't read like the real world feel. I would like more eye relief no matter how good an optic is, so I end up being snotty and pigheaded. Hey, at least I'm honest!
    Stick

Feedback Score
    Stick,

Since you have it in hand, any chance if you could see if it would fit behind a PRO either in QRP2 mount or a LT150 mount while still allowing BUIS.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by friendlyfireisnt View Post
    Stick,

Since you have it in hand, any chance if you could see if it would fit behind a PRO either in QRP2 mount or a LT150 mount while still allowing BUIS.

Thanks.
    Have which one in hand?
    Stick

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast