Tactical-ish open-world game set in (as far as I can tell) the entire country of Bolivia. The TV spot looks a bit... like ass. Although it does show off the game's KAC Stoner LMG.

Premise is that a Mexican drug cartel (called the Santa Blanca Cartel) has basically single-handedly turned Bolivia into a failed nation. And following the discovery of a DEA agent in their highest ranks, the cartel bombs the US embassy in Sucre and tortures and kills the DEA agent. The player (and his or her friends, or AI fireteam if playing solo) leads a team of Green Berets tasked with dismantling the Santa Blanca Cartel - chiefly using bullets and bombs.

Seems to be a soft reboot of the Ghost Recon franchise: It's set in 2019 - some five years after the events of Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter 2, five years before the events in Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, and about a year before End War's WWIII. Like the original Ghost Recon and Ghost Recon 2 games, the technology is much closer to the very near future (most of the technology already exists) than GRFS's more sci-fi setting. Recon, for instance, is performed with binos and miniature drones (and through allied locals) and there is no active camouflage.

The open beta was last weekend and the game launches in less than a week.

I enjoyed it. Although the aircraft controls were horrible and I'm not fond of the easter egg hunt that is acquiring various weapons and their accessories (although I have to admit that I prefer it to the typical gain XP to unlock). And there are some glaring holes in the game (like a category for stand alone GLs, RPGs, &c. and the ability to customize vehicles). Felt a lot like a tactical shooting-oriented GTA game with a significant dose of Far Cry (the latter part is for pretty obvious reasons, as both the Tom Clancy video game franchise and Far Cry franchise are owned by Ubisoft).

So if you've enjoyed the Tom Clancy games, if you've enjoyed GTA and Far Cry, and/or enjoyed movies like Sicario, End of Watch, and Clear and Present Danger, might be worth checking out in half a week or so.