Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jihad Johnnie Walker Lindh Being Released from Prison Early

Feedback Score

Jihad Johnnie Walker Lindh Being Released from Prison Early

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-...enators-demand

John Walker Lindh, the so-called 'American Taliban', is being let out of federal prison over three years ahead of schedule, and people want to know why.
    Lindh converted to Sunni Islam at age 16 after dropping out of school and becoming obsessed with hip-hop and the movie Malcom X (he pretended to be a black rapper online and criticized others for "acting black"). Shortly after his father left his mother for another man, the culturally appropriating Lindh began to attend San Francisco Bay Area mosques. After a 10-month trip to Yemen in 1998 to study the Qur'an, Lindh returned home for eight months, only to return to the Middle East - eventually winding up in Afghanistan to take up arms against Northern Alliance fighters in May, 2001.

He was captured on November 25, 2001 and held at an a makeshift prison in Afghanistan, where he would participate in an extremely violent prisoner uprising (the battle of Qala-i-Jangi) that led to the death of CIA officer Johnny "Mike" Spann and hundreds of foreign fighters. Lindh was one of 86 prisoners who survived after hiding in a basement with a group of detainees who shot at Red Cross workers sent in to collect the dead, killing one.
    And now, he's getting out of prison early - and people want to know why.

Republican Sen. Richard C. Shelby of Alabama and Democratic Sen. Maggie Hassan of New Hampshire have lots of questions for the Trump administration about the expected release on May 23 from federal prison of John Walker Lindh.

The bipartisan senators have asked Hugh Hurwitz, the acting director of the Federal Bureau of Prisons, to answer several questions about preparations for the release of convicted terrorists. -Roll Call
    The letter also expresses concern over "as many as 108 other terrorist offenders" who are also scheduled to be released over the next few years after their sentences are up, and "whether they pose an ongoing public threat, and what your agencies are doing to mitigate this threat while the offenders are in federal custody."

Also furious is the father of CIA agent Mike Spann. His father, Johnny Spann, told a Virginia federal court that Lindh reportedly "ignored" conditions placed on him in a 2002 plea agreement, according to CNN.

Spann has protested the early release of Lindh and taken the issue up with lawmakers, including Sen. Richard Shelby, an Alabama Republican, who said last month that he raised the issue with President Donald Trump, who agreed that Lindh should serve his full sentence.

According to a National Counterterrorism Center document reported by Foreign Policy magazine in 2017, Lindh "continued to advocate for global jihad and to write and translate violent extremist texts" from behind bars. -CNN
    My take: So, this treasonous (expletive deleted) has not only taken up arms against his own former countrymen, but helped attack Red Cross workers. I'm pretty sure that's against the Geneva Convention or some other international agreement (not that jihadists recognize such agreements). But firing upon Red Cross workers is simply inhumane regardless of one's political aims. How is it that this guy is not in prison for life at the very least? And what about the other 108 prisoners scheduled to be released? Do we not suspect that they will simply take up their cause against America and the West all over again?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well, I tend to agree that he should be in prison for life or executed, but he was offered a plea deal by the DOJ that resulted in 20 years. Under the federal system you can earn up to 15% off sentences of over a year for good conduct.

Since I paid attention in grade school, I was able to calculate that 15% of 20 years does, indeed, equal 3 years.

As I said, from what I know, I agree his sentence should have been longer, but apparently the DOJ didn't think they would get anything better due to procedural errors in Lindh's handling and questioning after capture.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Well, I tend to agree that he should be in prison for life or executed, but he was offered a plea deal by the DOJ that resulted in 20 years. Under the federal system you can earn up to 15% off sentences of over a year for good conduct.

Since I paid attention in grade school, I was able to calculate that 15% of 20 years does, indeed, equal 3 years.

As I said, from what I know, I agree his sentence should have been longer, but apparently the DOJ didn't think they would get anything better due to procedural errors in Lindh's handling and questioning after capture.
    I probably didn't get my point out clearly--certainly not your fault. I was questioning how any of these guys, Lindh and the 108 others, got any kind of deal where they could be released--ever? Certainly what Lindh did is treason, no? How is it any of these guys ever got offered plea deals?

And where will they parole to? What is to prevent them from going right back out to commit acts of jihad again?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Because the Rules of Land Warfare have been replaced by a ROE that kills US Soldiers?
    When you take a prisoner and they decide to rise up against their captors the common sense thing to do would be to eliminate all of them and if they killed a Red Cross worker, well eliminate them at your leisure.
    I'm not sure that the current ROE doesn't only put our Soldiers at risk, it may also embolden our Enemies.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post
    I probably didn't get my point out clearly--certainly not your fault. I was questioning how any of these guys, Lindh and the 108 others, got any kind of deal where they could be released--ever? Certainly what Lindh did is treason, no? How is it any of these guys ever got offered plea deals?
    This question was answered by this:

Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Safari View Post

And where will they parole to? What is to prevent them from going right back out to commit acts of jihad again?
    From the prosecution point of view, a plea deal is better than an acquittal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jack crab View Post
    From the prosecution point of view, a plea deal is better than an acquittal.
    True that. And I suppose one could argue that at least they're "off the streets" for a few years, but DAYUM. What now? They just get released?

Anybody know the protocol on this? Are they probably deported somewhere? Surely they are at least watched by the FBI the rest of their lives?

Feedback Score
    He'll disappears for awhile, but end up on the staff of some Democrat politician or a college professor at some point. He marries Bo Begdhal and lives happily ever after?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I closed the older thread. Keep going here.

Btw, there are several restrictions on the condition of his release.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast