Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Using my patent pending painting technique:

Looking to stick a piece of rail on the end eventually and get a QD Atlas. Last time I tried, Gold Dot 150 gr seemed to be about 1.5 - 2 MOA at 100 yards, will need to do some more testing to confirm. FGMM was 4 bullets with one ragged hole, and one flyer, so I'll have to do some 10 shot groups, too, to figure out what it's real consistent accuracy is. It did not like the CBC and Prvi Partizan M80 clones, was seeing 4 to 6 MOA at 100 yards. I'll be trying the Federal, Winchester, and MEN M80 clones next, along with the CBC 168 gr.
    What bag you got there?

Hydro Dip, Cerakote or Paint?
    Last edited by Sabre675; 03-05-19 at 08:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    What bag you got there?
    It's a SERT TCC 42".
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Hydro Dip, Cerakote or Paint?
    If you look in the post you quoted:
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    Have any of you seen this combination of Knights Armament rings and L&S Ultra 16x scope in use?

The rings appear to be KAC although I don't see any markings:

https://shop.knightarmco.com/Product...ductID=KM98033

I don't find a KAC SIMRAD cap, but Badger calls their cap "an exact reproduction of the night vision integration ring cap used on the USN Mk11 Mod 0":

https://www.badgerordnance.com/night...k11-mod-0.html

The L&S Ultra was made in 1987, so would have been in the system earlier. The only reference I find to the 16X Ultra scopes is on .50 cal rifles.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cass

Last edited by Cass; 05-06-19 at 06:22.

Feedback Score
    10 shot group with FGMM 168 gr. at 100 yards yielded a 1.3 MOA group; take out the flyer, and it would be around 0.8 MOA. Seeing as how I had a flyer in the same low left area as my last FGMM group, I suspect that the first round is going there, due to being chambered. I'll have to play with it some more, maybe try out some 175 gr.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    10 shot group with FGMM 168 gr. at 100 yards yielded a 1.3 MOA group; take out the flyer, and it would be around 0.8 MOA. Seeing as how I had a flyer in the same low left area as my last FGMM group, I suspect that the first round is going there, due to being chambered. I'll have to play with it some more, maybe try out some 175 gr.
    I've done a lot of work to see what effect the first round chambering method has on first round deviation from main group.
    My results have shown that releasing the bolt from bolt catch lock with the bolt release, and racking the charging handle, show first round falling inside a 20-round composite.
    I have also done a lot of data compilation on first-round cold-bore/clean-bore/fouled-bore and have come to the conclusion that if the bore is not in a completely copper-stripped condition, that first-round deviation is more related to "cold shooter" than "cold bore".
    That's not to say that the flier shown is your fault; the gun/ammo combination may very well be 1.3 MOA, and that you're just seeing the other side of the group inside that group example.
    I meticulously track first round impact with my precision guns.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I've done a lot of work to see what effect the first round chambering method has on first round deviation from main group.
    My results have shown that releasing the bolt from bolt catch lock with the bolt release, and racking the charging handle, show first round falling inside a 20-round composite.
    I have also done a lot of data compilation on first-round cold-bore/clean-bore/fouled-bore and have come to the conclusion that if the bore is not in a completely copper-stripped condition, that first-round deviation is more related to "cold shooter" than "cold bore".
    That's not to say that the flier shown is your fault; the gun/ammo combination may very well be 1.3 MOA, and that you're just seeing the other side of the group inside that group example.
    I meticulously track first round impact with my precision guns.
    Thank you for sharing your findings.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    IMG_1959.jpgMy newest APC.
    Details: APC Upper with SF brake and SOCOM7.62RC2 can.
    M-Lok (like you can’t tell)
    Atlas Bi-Pod
    Geiselle Mount holding my ATACR 4-16 F1 ALSO NOW has an Aimpoint H2 in a KAC 45* offset mount located on right side.
    KAC 2 stage trigger (So close to Geiselle SSA, I can hardly tell a difference.
    Magpul PRS (Have these on all my gassers now except my 14.5” run and gun)
    I really like how they balance out a heavy front end.

Rifle shoots VERY consistent sub MOA with Federal 185 Juggernaut. Also shoots Black Hills 175 Red Box (new) to an average of 1.16 MOA. That’s the average of 5-7 5 shot group average.

I bought this to augment my ACC.
    ACC is now a red dot gun wearing an old school long tine MAMS.ACC is for 0-300, APC for “farther”. 😀
    Last edited by Vegasshooter; 05-16-19 at 13:00.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegasshooter View Post
    IMG_1959.jpgMy newest APC.
    Details: APC Upper with SF brake and SOCOM7.62RC2 can.
    M-Lok (like you can’t tell)
    Atlas Bi-Pod
    Geiselle Mount holding my ATACR 4-16 F1 ALSO NOW has an Aimpoint H2 in a KAC 45* offset mount located on right side.
    KAC 2 stage trigger (So close to Geiselle SSA, I can hardly tell a difference.
    Magpul PRS (Have these on all my gassers now except my 14.5” run and gun)
    I really like how they balance out a heavy front end.

Rifle shoots VERY consistent sub MOA with Federal 185 Juggernaut. Also shoots Black Hills 175 Red Box (new) to an average of 1.16 MOA. That’s the average of 5-7 5 shot group average.

I bought this to augment my ACC.
    ACC is now a red dot gun wearing an old school long tine MAMS.ACC is for 0-300, APC for “farther”. ��
    sexy

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    Have any of you seen this combination of Knights Armament rings and L&S Ultra 16x scope in use?

The rings appear to be KAC although I don't see any markings:

https://shop.knightarmco.com/Product...ductID=KM98033

I don't find a KAC SIMRAD cap, but Badger calls their cap "an exact reproduction of the night vision integration ring cap used on the USN Mk11 Mod 0":

https://www.badgerordnance.com/night...k11-mod-0.html

The L&S Ultra was made in 1987, so would have been in the system earlier. The only reference I find to the 16X Ultra scopes is on .50 cal rifles.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Cass

I found a couple pictures of Eugene Stoner and Reed Knight that show this set-up on an early Knights Armament SR-25 Match rifle. It appears to be the same scope, ring, and SIMRAD combination.

The second picture was labeled: In front of the citrus orchards at the old Knight’s facility in Vero Beach, Knight with Gene Stoner and an early SR-25 7.62x51mm caliber rifle.

Cass

Feedback Score
    So, I found that the Lancer L7AWM 25s don't feed from running the bolt release or the charging handle when the gun gets dirty and dry (around 500 rounds suppressed). The Lancer rep has stated on Facebook that the mags are bit oversprung to help deal with full auto use, and that one can try either a heavier buffer or else cut a coil from the magazine. I decided to try the Heavy Buffer XH Carbine Buffer paired with the Armalite EA1095 as suggested by Clint, replacing the factory SR-25 spring and KAC 21057. The gun still locks back on empty unsuppressed with M80, while the gas to face has been cut down to almost zero when suppressed. I will have to check once the gun gets dirty enough whether or not the L7AWM issue is resolved.

Page 28 of 37 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 ... LastLast