Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    Still interested in seeing best groups at 100 yards from the KAC .308 rifle. Please post some pics. The best groups I've ever had out of a .308 rifle is .37 MOA using PRIME ammo in a LMT MWS with a 20" stainless steel barrel and Geissele SSA trigger. Bench rested with Harris bipod and rear bean bag. The day I shot the group wind was not a factor.

Thanks, I'm weighing my options on .308 semi-auto rifles.
    My ACC appears to prefer the Sig 168gr OTM out of the loads I had on hand and was the only round able to achieve sub-MOA accuracy today: ETA: There is a noticeable shift between the two groups of Sig 168gr OTM attributed to turret adjustments after initial zero.

Type | Inch/MOA

Fiocchi 175gr SMK | 1.33 / 1.27
    IMI 168gr RazorCore | 1.32 / 1.26
    FGMM 168gr SMK | 1.13 / 1.07
    Sig 168gr OTM | .77 / .73
    Sig 168gr OTM | .70 / .67

Average for this group is 1.05" or exactly 1 MOA. Given the results from today I'd feed good about calling my ACC a minute and a half rifle capable of sub-MOA accuracy. ETA: There is a noticeable shift between the two groups of Sig 168gr OTM due turret manipulation after initial zeroing.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 01-16-20 at 18:55.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    My ACC appears to prefer the Sig 168gr OTM out of the loads I had on hand and was the only round able to achieve sub-MOA accuracy today: ETA: There is a noticeable shift between the two groups of Sig 168gr OTM attributed to turret adjustments after initial zero.
    Wow, those are some amazing groups. What scope do you have on your ACC?

The best I get on average tend to be about 1.25"-1.5" with Federal 168 grain match--which is the ammo that it shoots the best with. I have gotten some groups better than that on occasion with someone else shooting it.

I don't know if I ever posted this or not to the thread, but here is a link to an article I wrote on the gun a few years ago that appeared in SWAT magazine:

https://www.swatmag.com/article/adva...ment-sr-25-e2/
    Last edited by Ed L.; 01-16-20 at 23:35.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed L. View Post
    Wow, those are some amazing groups. What scope do you have on your ACC?

The best I get on average tend to be about 1.25"-1.5" with Federal 168 grain match--which is the ammo that it shoots the best with. I have gotten some groups better than that on occasion with someone else shooting it.

I don't know if I ever posted this or not to the thread, but here is a link to an article I wrote on the gun a few years ago that appeared in SWAT magazine:

https://www.swatmag.com/article/adva...ment-sr-25-e2/
    Ed L., good to meet you. I have come across that article and read it some time ago. I actually have it bookmarked and refer to it from time to time. Nice write up. What I've found about my particular ACC is that it seems to prefer 168gr over 175gr loads. Of the 175gr loads, I get the best accuracy and most consistency out of the Fiocchi 175gr SMK. Suffice to say I haven't tried everything available out there and there might be something else my rifle likes, but short of reloading my own (I don't yet) I think I would be hard pressed to find COTS ammo that outperforms the Sig 168gr OTM for my rifle. FGMM does okay in mine. I've tried both the 175gr and 168gr SMK and they both average between 1.1 - 1.5 MOA for me. I should add that the last groups I shot were suppressed, so that might have contributed to the increased accuracy to some degree. I haven't done a side by side with and without a can, but maybe I'll be able to within the next couple weeks. Given that these rifles were never intended to be sub-MOA rifles, I'll take the results I'm getting and roll with it.

ETA: Leupold MK5HD 3.6-18x44 CCH w/ offset Aimpoint T2 - all shots were taken from the prone using the bipod and bean bag for rear support.

Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 01-18-20 at 08:52. Reason: ETA update
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Ed L., good to meet you. I have come across that article and read it some time ago. I actually have it bookmarked and refer to it from time to time. Nice write up. What I've found about my particular ACC is that it seems to prefer 168gr over 175gr loads. Of the 175gr loads, I get the best accuracy and most consistency out of the Fiocchi 175gr SMK. Suffice to say I haven't tried everything available out there and there might be something else my rifle likes, but short of reloading my own (I don't yet) I think I would be hard pressed to find COTS ammo that outperforms the Sig 168gr OTM for my rifle. FGMM does okay in mine. I've tried both the 175gr and 168gr SMK and they both average between 1.1 - 1.5 MOA for me. I should add that the last groups I shot were suppressed, so that might have contributed to the increased accuracy to some degree. I haven't done a side by side with and without a can, but maybe I'll be able to within the next couple weeks. Given that these rifles were never intended to be sub-MOA rifles, I'll take the results I'm getting and roll with it.

ETA: Leupold MK5HD 3.6-18x44 CCH w/ offset Aimpoint T2 - all shots were taken from the prone using the bipod and bean bag for rear support.

What offset Aimpoint mount are you using?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post
    sr25 acc
    mams
    exps2-0
    magpul miad grip

My acc is setup as a basic battle rifle right now.I have a 1-6 that I can swap on ,but all of my shooting is done within 300 yards so this covers everything I want while keeping it incredibly light weight.Its a ton of fun to run steel plates with the mams and a red dot

2x by 03scgt, on Flickr
    3 by 03scgt, on Flickr

These look sick. Never fired one. Are they smooth and fast?

Feedback Score
    Just starting with the SR25

Last edited by Leonardo; 02-22-20 at 04:53.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    Just starting with the SR25

Nice score
    "Bones Heal, Chics Dig Scars, Pain Goes Away"

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

Need that long can.
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 05-15-20 at 03:26.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    I'm looking at getting one of those mounts. How do you like it?

Page 35 of 37 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 LastLast