G&R Tactical
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 241

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,661
    Feedback Score
    204 (100%)

    Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

    This thread is to post pictures and discuss your setups specifically for the SR-25. With the gaining popularity of the rifle, I think its about time we had a thread just for the SR-25. This will be along the lines of the LMT MWS .308 thread, and can be a one stop discussion and show us your setup thread for your SR-25's. Anything SR-25 goes. Ill start it off with my ACC and APC.

    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-10-17 at 14:45.
    Philippians 4:13

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,661
    Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Rifle one:
    -Knights SR-25 APC Mlok.
    -QDC Suppressor
    -Geissele SD-C Trigger
    -Knights 19moa 34mm Scope mount
    -Tangent Theta 315P Gen2xi reticle
    -KAC offset clamp on sights
    -KAC anti-cant device
    -KAC Bi-pod
    -Bad Ambi
    -BCM Grip
    -Naroh Handstop
    -Magpul SL-S stock

    -Test target of .997 MOA.
    -I am getting 5 round groups from .88-1.1 MOA regularly with Federal 175gr GMM
    -I am using a H3 buffer for suppressed use only, with great results shooting both FGMM and M80 ball (PPU and CBC)
    -Rifle weights 11.8 pounds without a magazine
    -Put a MAMS on it, and later removed as F2S and Tom12.7 recommended that best accuracy results were had from the 6 port Flash hider
    -I picked this rifle as a compromise between an APR and an ACC as to me it filled both roles.

    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-10-17 at 14:43.
    Philippians 4:13

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,661
    Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Rifle Two:
    -Knights SR-25 ACC Mlok.
    -Geissele SD-C Trigger
    -Geissele CQBSS 34mm Scope mount
    -Leupold Mk8 CQBSS 1.1-8x H-27
    -KAC offset clamp on sights
    -Bad Ambi
    -BCM Grip
    -Naroh Handstop
    -Magpul SL-S stock
    -KAC MAMS
    -Surefire M300C
    -KAC Offset Mlok mount
    -Surefire SR05 Switch

    -Test target of 1.18 MOA.
    -Rifle weights 10.66 pounds without a magazine
    -I felt the APC filled the precision role for me in a small package and I wanted more of a 308 battle rifle. The ACC fills that role. There is overlap in the two for sure, but I wanted to be able to run one hard, and the CL barrel of the ACC will take that abuse.

    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 07-10-17 at 14:45.
    Philippians 4:13

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    OUTPOST 31
    Posts
    7,459
    Feedback Score
    29 (100%)
    Yes, yes I'll be subscribing to this thread.




    🙃
    Last edited by jpmuscle; 03-07-17 at 17:41.
    “Answer The Bell...” J.W.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    2,544
    Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Subscribe? I'm going to print those pics out and put them in a dang magazine. Like Oui or Penthouse but for guns, and not all the articles. Because NO ONE READS THE ARTICLES!!


    Yes they are that awesome!
    "The attachment system of the 1913 picatinny is unmatched and will remain so for a thousand generations."
    G. Washington

    "If I had a quad rail on my musket, the outcome of the war would have been vastly different."
    J. Reb


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    199
    Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    sr25 acc
    mams
    exps2-0
    magpul miad grip

    My acc is setup as a basic battle rifle right now.I have a 1-6 that I can swap on ,but all of my shooting is done within 300 yards so this covers everything I want while keeping it incredibly light weight.Its a ton of fun to run steel plates with the mams and a red dot


    2x by 03scgt, on Flickr
    3 by 03scgt, on Flickr
    Last edited by 03scgt; 03-07-17 at 21:09.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,661
    Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post
    sr25 acc
    mams
    exps2-0
    magpul miad grip

    My acc is setup as a basic battle rifle right now.I have a 1-6 that I can swap on ,but all of my shooting is done within 300 yards so this covers everything I want while keeping it incredibly light weight.Its a ton of fun to run steel plates with the mams and a red dot
    Nice rifle! I was contemplating running a Aimpoint M4s on the ACC, instead of the CQBSS, but also wanted that little extra top end, and went the LPV route.

    I haven't had a chance to run mine on steel but sounds like a good time if you ask me.

    Do you plan on running a light on the rifle? Or for your needs, no. Just curious as the response I received a while back in another thread was that no one really used them for a thump in the night gun, and more of a fun/because I can own one answer. Soon as I got my ACC the light went on. I personally like to have some illumination.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-07-17 at 22:57.
    Philippians 4:13

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    2,544
    Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03scgt View Post
    sr25 acc
    mams
    exps2-0
    magpul miad grip

    My acc is setup as a basic battle rifle right now.I have a 1-6 that I can swap on ,but all of my shooting is done within 300 yards so this covers everything I want while keeping it incredibly light weight.Its a ton of fun to run steel plates with the mams and a red dot


    2x by 03scgt, on Flickr
    3 by 03scgt, on Flickr
    Nicely done zero3. I think a 1-6 is a great optic. I was eyeballing a 1-8 today. Lots of potential with those optics


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "The attachment system of the 1913 picatinny is unmatched and will remain so for a thousand generations."
    G. Washington

    "If I had a quad rail on my musket, the outcome of the war would have been vastly different."
    J. Reb


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    6,263
    Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Nice rifle! I was contemplating running a Aimpoint M4s on the ACC, instead of the CQBSS, but also wanted that little extra top end, and went the LPV route.

    I haven't had a chance to run mine on steel but sounds like a good time if you ask me.

    Do you plan on running a light on the rifle? Or for your needs, no. Just curious as the response I received a while back in another thread was that no one really used them for a thump in the night gun, and more of a fun/because I can own one answer. Soon as I got my ACC the light went on. I personally like to have some illumination.
    It's just a range toy without a light, IMO, and that's too much money to spend on a track-only car, so to speak!

    Why did you go M300C? I would think the rail is long enough to allow for an M600 without getting the head into the muzzle blast, or causing you to have to compromise how you held it? Am I wrong?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,661
    Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    It's just a range toy without a light, IMO, and that's too much money to spend on a track-only car, so to speak!

    Why did you go M300C? I would think the rail is long enough to allow for an M600 without getting the head into the muzzle blast, or causing you to have to compromise how you held it? Am I wrong?
    So I had a m600u for it. I wanted that extra light originally. I run all my light setups typically on the 130 rail. With the offset sights, this was a no go. Forced to run it it on the other side. My grip, positioned is in the same location on all my AR variants would have had to change locations with the light on the 1030 with m600. My hand would be pretty close/right at the cable plug on the SR switch. So in short, if I wasn't running offsets and the light was on the other side, it would have the m600u on it. I could pull my hand back another inch and half but I am 6'1" with a 6'4" wing span. So I'm pretty set on my hand location as it's the same on my other rifles. Just like the exact same butt stock position on every rifle I guess. The m300c is pretty dang bright for what it is. Not sure if I "need" the 600u.

    This just came to me. Thanks WS6... I may toss the 600u on the APC as now that I have the ACC. I will run the QDC can on the APC most of the time and will have plenty of room moving the light head forward of the rail.
    Philippians 4:13

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •