Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by m4hk33 View Post
    Nice set up, by chance do you have a weight on that, I am still going back and forth on optics for my CC. some days

what are your thoughts on it vs your LMT set up?
    Just under 12 lbs (11.9 lbs) empty.
    Nearly 14 lbs (13.8 lbs) will a standard 20 round KAC magazine and sling.
    You're looking at a 16 lbs rifle setup (approx.) once you add a suppressor and bipod, which is not factored into the weight here.

The LMT is a solid platform that I would prefer to keep on the ground since it weighs more due to the design of the barrel extension and monolithic chassis. For that reason I think it's better suited for precision shooting. The ACC/CC offers a lighter package that excels at being a dual-role capable rifle (not that the MWS is any less capable, just heavier). Accuracy suffers somewhat as a result of continuous strings of fire through a light weight profile barrel, but can make solid hits at distance when called upon to do so. It's more than capable with the heavier profile stainless steel barrels, but does not offer the ability to swap barrels/calibers if that's important to you. Honestly the weight savings isn't huge all things considered, and it boils down to which rifle company you prefer overall. My uneducated and unscientific assessment is that the MWS offers everything you could want in a reliable large frame platform at a cost significantly less than the SR25. You have to remember that KAC pricing is largely driven by R&D and contractual pricing (and I'd argue the Eugene Stoner pedigree that comes with it).
    Last edited by Boba Fett v2; 11-24-19 at 12:47. Reason: a boner in my pants alerted me to quantify my statement
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma