Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
To me, the original appeal of the ACC was to have something you could dial down to 1x and actually shoot like a carbine for a bit so people gravitate toward the 1-8x stuff (like I did). The 1.5-8x even did fine in that respect (being a S&B, it damn well should) with the 1.5x bottom end, but having used the NF 2.5-10x's in every flavor, they don't seem to give much back on the top end compared to what is lost on the bottom end. Granted, you can get things done at close range on the bottom end at 2.5x, but it isn't fun. Of those NF 2.5-10 offerings, I think the x42 is the heads and tails winner, but I will admit that even the one I still have and use on a 5.56 SPR is in danger of being replaced by the 1.5-8x that previously lived on this ACC. As I said in the beginning of the post, the benefit of something like an ACC is the light weight and handling but without the sacrifice of any significant range or accuracy. A medium-range optic like a 2.5-10, 3-9x just kinda seems to rob the user of some of that versatility without giving any benefit on the back end like one would with say an Ultra Short or ATACR4-16.

This.

I put a NF 2.5-10X42 on my LPR.

If you might be doing a lot of longer shooting, the NF 4-16X F1 or the S&B Ultra Short would be the shizzle.

And, an ACC just might show up HERE any day now...