Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It really is just ammo dependent.

Expect 2 MOA, maybe 1.75 on a good day with like Federal white box ball.

You can get Bolt Action groups with legit FGMM.

I mean I hunt with my ECC and it really prints typically an inch with just the more affordable .308.

The only things I don’t feed it are Russian or Ballistic Tip.

I’ll put crazy stuff in my slutty Colt but I try to stay sensible with my ECC. It will outshoot you Regardless

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am looking at picking up a used sr25 acc mlok. What's a good price? The seller claims 43 rounds, and only a month old.

No rear buis, he can't find it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    You can get Bolt Action groups with legit FGMM.
    Prove it. Put up the pics.
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 12-12-19 at 20:29.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    My brother’s APR came with a test target with a .44 at 100 yards. I’ll see if I can get a picture of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mill Operator
    Knight's Armament Company

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    "You can get Bolt Action groups with legit FGMM. " Maybe, depends.
    "My brother's APR came with a test targe with a .44 at 100 yards." And that was what that shooter was able to do, your brother? I don't know.

Much depends on the shooter, as always, and that is THE major factor, but assuming (big assumption) that the shooter has his fundamentals down cold, a large bore semi-auto will never achieve the same results as a high quality bolt action rifles. The best bolt action rifle I have is an AI in .308, with high power scope, finely tuned trigger, fantastic bipod. With Federal GMMM 175gr SMKs it will punch a .25" hold all day long, nearly in the same hole at 100. At 100 yards with my LMT MWS I have been able to shoot a .37MOA group, hopeful to eek a bit more out of it with better trigger and bipod. Now, having said that....the reason I prefer semi-autos is because for **my*** needs and purposes .37 MOA is more than good enough. I'm putting rounds into a .37MOA group at 400 on a 4" steel plate, and so forth and so on. A semi-auto will not be the right rifle is you are into ELD competition...it is fun to find out what works best for you, at what distances. And again, of course, you have the reloading world where you can custom tune rounds to your specific rifle and achieve the highest MOA you are capable of. You, not another shooter.

My favorite shooting is at longer range. It's all up to you. You are competing against yourself, the weather and your fundamentals. Did you drink too much coffee before hitting the range? You will notice. Did you arrive a bit hung over from a fun Friday night? You will notice. With a 20x scope you will see the reticle move to your heart. It's fun to time the shots between heart beats.

FWIW.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I feel like if you toned yourself down, people might be more willing to lug out their guns and/or targets and post up groups. You were going on about not being able to afford two ARs and now you have an Accuracy International and an MWS. For all practical purposes, an LMT will do about the same as an SR-25. The SR-25 will no doubt be handier but also a bit more spendy.

Your metric for bolt action groups seems a bit far out. IME a solid Bolt gun group is about 1/2 MOA, maybe 3/4. An SR-25 will definitely hold that with the right ammo. And that’s the carbines. I have an EMR longpike that has an Obermeyer barrel and it definitely gets 1/2 MOA all day. Mind you I buy into barrel voodoo with that one. Another caveat is that it is 24” barrel.

The shooter only matters off-hand. You can very easily tripod or rest these rifles and just pull the trigger thereby even eliminating human error.

I’ll go a step further and say it is even more attainable with 6.5. It’s not unheard of with a really good 5.56 barrel either. What makes bolt actions “more accurate” has less to do with the action and way more to do with the overall taper, contour, thickness, twist, and crown.

Bolt actions are functionally irrelevant unless you are insistent on a caliber that simply doesn’t cooperate or has a cannelure precluding it from Semi Auto use.

I don’t know your exact background but in shooting there’s a bit more at play than what you are hung up on.

For me, 3/4 to 1.5 does exactly what I need to do. I’m not trying to be Bob Lee Swagger or Tom Berenger from Sniper.

Ring steel at 800 or hit a pig or deer at indeterminate range is all I care about.

Euro would be an excellent source if folks didn’t crap on him for no reason. I will never be the Rifleman that he is and I have shot with him.

Weather plays not as much a role (unless you mean wind value) as you may think.

Mark5pt56 pointed me to some of Bryan Litz’s work and I heartily suggest you google that name and pay attention. It dispels a lot of myths.

I do have a factory zero sheet from KAC on my EMR and it’s well under an inch. I doubt I will post it until you take a little guff out of yourself.

Also what optic are you even using that you can see a 4” plate at 400 yards? Thats 4 football fields for something the size of a B8.

Friendly advice, you can ask for advice or be a know-it-all but you simply cannot do both.
    Last edited by Firefly; 12-13-19 at 17:30.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Good God, FireFly, get over yourself... a 20X scope can easily see a 4" steel plate a 400. As for: "You can ask for advice or be a know-it-all but you simply cannot do both." You should seriously consider taking your own advice. Have a nice day.
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 12-14-19 at 06:57.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    Good God, FireFly, get over yourself... a 20X scope can easily see a 4" steel plate a 400. As for the rest of your rambling comment, thanks for sharing. Sharing is caring. As for: "You can ask for advice or be a know-it-all but you simply cannot do both." You should seriously consider taking your own advice. Have a nice day.
    Keep it out of tech forums, please.

I’m sure someone else might help you. I’m done.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I’m done.
    Yes, you are, and thank you.

Feedback Score

Page 34 of 37 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast