Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
I'm looking at getting one of those mounts. How do you like it?
Quoted my initial review of the setup:

While this was born a "black rifle" it certainly has evolved to where it is today, and my line of thinking regarding what is an optimal setup for a dual-role carbine setup (for me) has evolved with it. Years ago I was fairly dismissive of running an offset or piggyback RDS with the mindset that a good LPVO eliminated the need. Since running this setup, I've come to prefer having more top end magnification while retaining the ability to have that close-in capability on tap and always ready to go with a simple 45 degree rotation. The MK5HD has proven to be a highly capable and reasonably lightweight and compact package, perfect for this application. The Badger COMM offset also allows for a more heads up shooting that I've come to prefer when running RDS or HWS on other CQB carbines. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but certainly worthy of consideration if looking for something close to a do-it-all solution.

Really liking the offset the C1 J-Arm provides and the slight bump in offset height the mount gives you. Having forgone similar setups in the past, I really feel like it's a true extension of the optical system. The C1 mount is top tier quality and it appears Badger Ordnance has taken no shortcuts in the manufacturing process from the anodized golden-bronze hue to the laser etched torque specs on the base. The mount base provides enough real estate to allow the use of the Arisaka Defense optic leveler kit, saving a shit ton of time when mounting the scope.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk