Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtothedee View Post
    I'll tell you next week. Just snagged an acc upper for my mws lower off the exchange. Should arrive early next week.
    Nice. I'm living vicariously through you!

Feedback Score
    How is the ACC rail held on? Personally I think the SR25 stopped production after the ECC but the M-Lok model is growing on me.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 7n6 View Post
    How is the ACC rail held on? Personally I think the SR25 stopped production after the ECC but the M-Lok model is growing on me.
    The URX4's are timed using shims...barrelnut/rail is all one piece.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'll tell you next week. Just snagged an acc upper for my mws lower off the exchange. Should arrive early next week.
    Very cool, would love to hear your feedback as well. What are the uppers alone running for nowadays?

Not getting a lot of range time anymore so I'll be selling my ECC and ACC Keymod uppers, keeping the ACC MLOK and hope to run it some day soon.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    How is everyone liking their ACC so far?
    It's good. Really good. And by good I mean awesome. Really no complaints. And that's hard for me to say. I can always find something I don't like.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    It's good. Really good. And by good I mean awesome. Really no complaints. And that's hard for me to say. I can always find something I don't like.
    I'm lusting hard!

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I'm lusting hard!
    Is a 1-8 Accupower or 2.5-10x42 Nightforce a better choice for my inbound acc? I have both already but can only keep one now. I kind of like the Nightforce more but it seems like everyone slaps a cqbss 1-8 on theirs. Figure their must be a reason for the 1-8 choice. What I like about the Accupower is it's also a good fit for the sr15 so it can be used for both.
    Last edited by Emtothedee; 05-21-17 at 00:39.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Is a 1-8 Accupower or 2.5-10x42 Nightforce a better choice for my inbound acc? I have both already but can only keep one now. I kind of like the Nightforce more but it seems like everyone slaps a cqbss 1-8 on theirs. Figure their must be a reason for the 1-8 choice. What I like about the Accupower is it's also a good fit for the sr15 so it can be used for both.
    I'm going to put a MK6 on mine until the 1-8's improve.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    To me, the original appeal of the ACC was to have something you could dial down to 1x and actually shoot like a carbine for a bit so people gravitate toward the 1-8x stuff (like I did). The 1.5-8x even did fine in that respect (being a S&B, it damn well should) with the 1.5x bottom end, but having used the NF 2.5-10x's in every flavor, they don't seem to give much back on the top end compared to what is lost on the bottom end. Granted, you can get things done at close range on the bottom end at 2.5x, but it isn't fun. Of those NF 2.5-10 offerings, I think the x42 is the heads and tails winner, but I will admit that even the one I still have and use on a 5.56 SPR is in danger of being replaced by the 1.5-8x that previously lived on this ACC. As I said in the beginning of the post, the benefit of something like an ACC is the light weight and handling but without the sacrifice of any significant range or accuracy. A medium-range optic like a 2.5-10, 3-9x just kinda seems to rob the user of some of that versatility without giving any benefit on the back end like one would with say an Ultra Short or ATACR4-16.
    Last edited by pointblank4445; 05-21-17 at 07:45.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    I think a 1-8 takes the most advantage of what the ACC is designed for. If you got an APC then I would say roll the NF. If you had to have the NF then an offset RDS may be your best bet in conjunction. I still think the 1-8 power optics is where it's at on the ACC.
    Philippians 4:13

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast