Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    To me, the original appeal of the ACC was to have something you could dial down to 1x and actually shoot like a carbine for a bit so people gravitate toward the 1-8x stuff (like I did). The 1.5-8x even did fine in that respect (being a S&B, it damn well should) with the 1.5x bottom end, but having used the NF 2.5-10x's in every flavor, they don't seem to give much back on the top end compared to what is lost on the bottom end. Granted, you can get things done at close range on the bottom end at 2.5x, but it isn't fun. Of those NF 2.5-10 offerings, I think the x42 is the heads and tails winner, but I will admit that even the one I still have and use on a 5.56 SPR is in danger of being replaced by the 1.5-8x that previously lived on this ACC. As I said in the beginning of the post, the benefit of something like an ACC is the light weight and handling but without the sacrifice of any significant range or accuracy. A medium-range optic like a 2.5-10, 3-9x just kinda seems to rob the user of some of that versatility without giving any benefit on the back end like one would with say an Ultra Short or ATACR4-16.

This.

I put a NF 2.5-10X42 on my LPR.

If you might be doing a lot of longer shooting, the NF 4-16X F1 or the S&B Ultra Short would be the shizzle.

And, an ACC just might show up HERE any day now...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    To me, the original appeal of the ACC was to have something you could dial down to 1x and actually shoot like a carbine for a bit so people gravitate toward the 1-8x stuff (like I did). The 1.5-8x even did fine in that respect (being a S&B, it damn well should) with the 1.5x bottom end, but having used the NF 2.5-10x's in every flavor, they don't seem to give much back on the top end compared to what is lost on the bottom end. Granted, you can get things done at close range on the bottom end at 2.5x, but it isn't fun. Of those NF 2.5-10 offerings, I think the x42 is the heads and tails winner, but I will admit that even the one I still have and use on a 5.56 SPR is in danger of being replaced by the 1.5-8x that previously lived on this ACC. As I said in the beginning of the post, the benefit of something like an ACC is the light weight and handling but without the sacrifice of any significant range or accuracy. A medium-range optic like a 2.5-10, 3-9x just kinda seems to rob the user of some of that versatility without giving any benefit on the back end like one would with say an Ultra Short or ATACR4-16.
    Does it change your opinion when you add an offset t1?

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    What a beautiful day to get a few rounds in out back..

Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    What a beautiful day to get a few rounds in out back..

Jealous! Keep me comin! Living vicariously until my dealer can get his shit togather and get me my rifle. Should have had it last week.

Feedback Score
    On the ACC rifles, I've used the MK6 1-6x and the MK8 1.1-8x for LPV optics, also ran Aimpoints and higher magnification optics. With the compromise for my usage, I tend towards the MK6 1-6x. If the MK8 was lighter, I could tend towards that option, but for most of my uses, the weight doesn't justify it over the MK6.

Feedback Score
    Originally how I had my ACC setup. This was my recommendation to Big Army for the DMR setup. Moved the CQBSS with H27 over to it when the T&E ATACR F1 had to go back to Nightforce. Not a fan of the weight penalty of the CQBSS, but its stout and I would take anywhere. I'm keeping the Mk6 1-6 on a 5.56 AR for now.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Emtothedee View Post
    Does it change your opinion when you add an offset t1?
    Negative, you added cost and other complications but still top out at 10x. My thoughts on piggy back RMR/Micro's are primarily for personal security/CQ encounters while trying to get into position. I see where they make sense in competition as well. If one is going to do a fair amount of short-range work, it's not ideal given the issues that can arise from piggyback/offset optics (difficulty using support side/alternate positions). If you're going to roll with an offset RDS, might as well buy in and get the magnification on the top in when you have a short-range alternative.

Appropriately enough as you were writing the above post, I was out banging steel today with some 5.56 guns (in order):

- 16" gun w/ S&B 1.5-8x26 Short Dot
    - 18" gun w/ NF 2.5-10x42
    - 14.5" gun w/ S&B 1-8x24CC Short Dot

I was playing at 200, 325, 450y, and 575y. I shot mostly on max 8x or 10x power and I really couldn't tell any real difference in going from 8x to 10x back to 8x. One thing I will note is that the parallax adj. on the NF is a double-edged sword. The 1-8x stuff doesn't have them (nor do they really need them given their purpose). Obviously, you can fine tune, but it's another thing to fiddle with when trying to work out or back in quickly transitioning between targets. Also I should note that I purposefully paint my targets to blend rather than pop/contrast with white or yellow. Today, dark OD green blended better with the brown/green backdrop of the young corn field.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Finally joined the club out here in cali. Sr25 acc on lmt mws lower. 0.8 moa test target. Having issues with the fitment of the trigger guard tho :/ I want a 1-8, but also want to be able to take it out to 1000. May end up sticking with the 2.5-10
    Last edited by Emtothedee; 05-26-17 at 19:28.

Feedback Score
    Are you using the LMT action spring and the supplied H3 buffer, or the H2 buffer and KAC spring in the action system? Either one has different traits.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    Are you using the LMT action spring and the supplied H3 buffer, or the H2 buffer and KAC spring in the action system? Either one has different traits.
    Not sure what to use yet. I have the lmt action spring but was thinking I'd run that with my KAC buffer. Is the sr25 buffer the same one that runs in the e3mod2s? I was Given the part number and it's the same as my mod 2 buffer.

PN 21057
    Last edited by Emtothedee; 05-26-17 at 19:33.

Page 13 of 37 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast