Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    The spray can duracoat solution works well. So does Brownells Alumahyde. I have not had the best luck with Aervoe, it takes forever to set/feels sticky/tacky for days.

Once you mix the hardener with the Duracoat, you only have a couple of weeks to use that can--at most. I usually plan on it only being a 24 hour can of paint after I mix to avoid issues.
    Last edited by ryanm; 11-13-18 at 15:09.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    Because I lost all my photos on here from the photobucket ordeal, I had to update my original posts along with taking a few pics. I don't believe I had one up of the APC with the Knights Bi-pod yet..

Is that the cqbss specific geissle mount? If so how is cheek weld prone? Likes/dislikes?

Thanks

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabre675 View Post
    Is that the cqbss specific geissle mount? If so how is cheek weld prone? Likes/dislikes?

Thanks
    The “SOCOM” specific mounts have the same height over bore as all the other Super Precision mounts, 1.50”. The only thing that changes on the scope specific models is the spacing between rings.

I’ve owned the CQBSS and the Mark 6 version and compared the two side by side. The ring height matches the standard Super Precision height shown on the G website.

While you were not directly addressing me, I find it to be a decent height for a nice compromise between prone and shouldered.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    Copy thanks. Didn't know if it offered a better cheek weld prone. I have a Larue SPR 1.5 on my CQBSS and have trouble getting a decent sight picture without raising my cheek off of the stock. Dunno if I should be looking for a lower mount or a different stock. I typically resolve the issue with a cheek pad, but it's annoying....

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I really like the PRS stock but it takes away some of the handiness of the gun. But it makes going prone a dream come true.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I really like the PRS stock but it takes away some of the handiness of the gun. But it makes going prone a dream come true.

PB
    Did you finally get your SR25 ACC/APC?
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    Did you finally get your SR25 ACC/APC?
    I wish I still lust with envy. I just built a MARS LMT MWS after trying to switch and swop my 762 and 6.5 barrels. I don’t like that barrel swop thing.

I still really want a 20 KAC inch gun. I have an LMT 16 incher. I probably should buy an upper then later get a lower. Makes it more doable. I’ll be the first to brag once I get one

Thanks for championing the project.

PB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wish I still lust with envy. I just built a MARS LMT MWS after trying to switch and swop my 762 and 6.5 barrels. I don’t like that barrel swop thing.

I still really want a 20 KAC inch gun. I have an LMT 16 incher. I probably should buy an upper then later get a lower. Makes it more doable. I’ll be the first to brag once I get one

PB
    That’s a great idea, just get an upper first and you can mate it to the LMT MWS lower and shoot, then later get the lower later... makes easier to digest on the wallet as well.

Years ago finding a separated upper or lower was hard, but now I’m seeing them pop up all the time at really decent prices FYI.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

PB
    I harbor no doubts it'll happen. I think grabbing a KAC precision upper to shoot off your MWS lower is a great idea.

They place nice together.

"People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hk91308 View Post
    That’s a great idea, just get an upper first and you can mate it to the LMT MWS lower and shoot, then later get the lower later... makes easier to digest on the wallet as well.

Years ago finding a separated upper or lower was hard, but now I’m seeing them pop up all the time at really decent prices FYI.

Including mine that has been sitting in the ee for a while

Page 25 of 37 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast