Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Nice paint dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Using my patent pending painting technique:

Looking to stick a piece of rail on the end eventually and get a QD Atlas. Last time I tried, Gold Dot 150 gr seemed to be about 1.5 - 2 MOA at 100 yards, will need to do some more testing to confirm. FGMM was 4 bullets with one ragged hole, and one flyer, so I'll have to do some 10 shot groups, too, to figure out what it's real consistent accuracy is. It did not like the CBC and Prvi Partizan M80 clones, was seeing 4 to 6 MOA at 100 yards. I'll be trying the Federal, Winchester, and MEN M80 clones next, along with the CBC 168 gr.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Using my patent pending painting technique:

Looking to stick a piece of rail on the end eventually and get a QD Atlas. Last time I tried, Gold Dot 150 gr seemed to be about 1.5 - 2 MOA at 100 yards, will need to do some more testing to confirm. FGMM was 4 bullets with one ragged hole, and one flyer, so I'll have to do some 10 shot groups, too, to figure out what it's real consistent accuracy is. It did not like the CBC and Prvi Partizan M80 clones, was seeing 4 to 6 MOA at 100 yards. I'll be trying the Federal, Winchester, and MEN M80 clones next, along with the CBC 168 gr.
    Zankoku na Tenshi wa youru ni....

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    What color did you paint that SPUHR mount? Looks great!

Try a box of Berger 175 OTM and Berger 185 Juggernaut. Should greatly improve your results! I'm looking forward to trying the 185 at 800 this week.
    Last edited by ryanm; 02-04-19 at 19:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Zankoku na Tenshi wa youru ni....

Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    What color did you paint that SPUHR mount? Looks great!

Try a box of Berger 175 OTM and Berger 185 Juggernaut. Should greatly improve your results! I'm looking forward to trying the 185 at 800 this week.
    It's Aervoe's field drab color. Fairly good match for Magpul's MCT.

I'll try those out and see how it goes. My test target was 0.819 MOA with Winchester 168 gr match
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I’m definitely going to pick that color up for my next project. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pulled the trigger on an KAC SR25 APC today.

Adding a S&B 5-20 Ultra Short in a Spuhr

Anything else needed besides mags, ammo, and a new grip? Have an Atlas bipod ready to go

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    When you pick up mags, the PMAG LR118s are required for the longer OAL rounds. Love mine, glad I went the APC route. Check out the KAC bipod too, its a really great piece of kit that allows it to be used as more than just a bipod. I also swapped out to a MAMS which made a pretty big difference in felt recoil.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanm View Post
    When you pick up mags, the PMAG LR118s are required for the longer OAL rounds. Love mine, glad I went the APC route. Check out the KAC bipod too, its a really great piece of kit that allows it to be used as more than just a bipod. I also swapped out to a MAMS which made a pretty big difference in felt recoil.
    That is only true for the 25 rounds magazines. They were unable to get a 25 rounder to drop free reliably at the OAL needed for LR118 so they offer two SKUs. One the reliably drops free from most receivers and one that fits LR118. They were able to accomplish both in the same magazine with the newest 20 round mags so you can have your cake and eat it.

FWIW, my sand colored 25 round LR118 compatible mags dropped free from my larue receivers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    FWIW, my sand colored 25 round LR118 compatible mags dropped free from my larue receivers.
    Mine would drop free from my MARS-H lower only when cold; room temperature was 50/50, anytime in the sun they would stick. Some sanding fixed that, but I'll be sticking with Lancers for the 25 round mags in the future.

Feedback Score
    Unfortunately, it looks like my SR-25 doesn't like most of the M80 clones. Still averaging around 2 MOA with Speer Gold Dot 150 gr., while the Magtech Sniper 168 gr. was usually around 1 to 1.5 MOA, so that'll become my plinking ammo; doesn't hurt that it's a pretty good match at 100 yards for the Gold Dot, just about .4 mils to the right, and only 10 cents more per round than the cheapest brass M80 clones. I had high hopes for the MEN M80 clone, but alas, it was also like a 4 or 5 MOA round. Without the can, the Gold Dot appears to be about 1.1 mils higher.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast