Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    I'm looking at getting one of those mounts. How do you like it?
    Quoted my initial review of the setup:

While this was born a "black rifle" it certainly has evolved to where it is today, and my line of thinking regarding what is an optimal setup for a dual-role carbine setup (for me) has evolved with it. Years ago I was fairly dismissive of running an offset or piggyback RDS with the mindset that a good LPVO eliminated the need. Since running this setup, I've come to prefer having more top end magnification while retaining the ability to have that close-in capability on tap and always ready to go with a simple 45 degree rotation. The MK5HD has proven to be a highly capable and reasonably lightweight and compact package, perfect for this application. The Badger COMM offset also allows for a more heads up shooting that I've come to prefer when running RDS or HWS on other CQB carbines. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but certainly worthy of consideration if looking for something close to a do-it-all solution.

Really liking the offset the C1 J-Arm provides and the slight bump in offset height the mount gives you. Having forgone similar setups in the past, I really feel like it's a true extension of the optical system. The C1 mount is top tier quality and it appears Badger Ordnance has taken no shortcuts in the manufacturing process from the anodized golden-bronze hue to the laser etched torque specs on the base. The mount base provides enough real estate to allow the use of the Arisaka Defense optic leveler kit, saving a shit ton of time when mounting the scope.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    That is pretty cool and I agree nothing like having a RDS, they are just easier for quick acquisition. They look like geissele mounts but with option to add RDS, very nice.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    41 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post

While this was born a "black rifle" it certainly has evolved to where it is today, and my line of thinking regarding what is an optimal setup for a dual-role carbine setup (for me) has evolved with it. Years ago I was fairly dismissive of running an offset or piggyback RDS with the mindset that a good LPVO eliminated the need. Since running this setup, I've come to prefer having more top end magnification while retaining the ability to have that close-in capability on tap and always ready to go with a simple 45 degree rotation. The MK5HD has proven to be a highly capable and reasonably lightweight and compact package, perfect for this application. The Badger COMM offset also allows for a more heads up shooting that I've come to prefer when running RDS or HWS on other CQB carbines. Might not be everyone's cup of tea, but certainly worthy of consideration if looking for something close to a do-it-all solution.

Really liking the offset the C1 J-Arm provides and the slight bump in offset height the mount gives you. Having forgone similar setups in the past, I really feel like it's a true extension of the optical system. The C1 mount is top tier quality and it appears Badger Ordnance has taken no shortcuts in the manufacturing process from the anodized golden-bronze hue to the laser etched torque specs on the base. The mount base provides enough real estate to allow the use of the Arisaka Defense optic leveler kit, saving a shit ton of time when mounting the scope.

Thanks for the feedback. I've been eyeballing these things on Brownell's for a while. I actually ordered a 35mm 1.54" mount tonight. I plan on running a Razor HD 5-20, and an offset RMR.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer_Man View Post
    Thanks for the feedback. I've been eyeballing these things on Brownell's for a while. I actually ordered a 35mm 1.54" mount tonight. I plan on running a Razor HD 5-20, and an offset RMR.
    The Badger C1 is a very nice mount, and mounts to the rail exactly how they should for optimal zero retention and return to zero.
    There are other popular mounts on the market that fall far short of the Badger C1.
    I say this as a manufacturer of optic mounts. KAC mounts are pretty bomb-proof, but the C1 brings some neat/innovative features to the market.
    The C1 1.70 mount is on my short list to buy.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post

Good review,

I literally came to the same conclusion on the LPVO vs 3-18/offset earlier this week, lol.

For me its almost as if one is willing to take 20 to 30 oz hit on weight, may as well gain the most capability possible, a 1-10 set up may be 8oz lighter but I really don't think that is going to make or break anything. Also there are enough videos our there there show that Offsets can be as fast as a traditional red dot.

Its a little more expense and a litter heavier but if one can swing it, I think that its the way to go, on a 556, I think the LPVO makes more sense

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    So other than Jack, who has played with the new 6.5 uppers? they seem to outclass most 308 uppers in terms of factory ammo accuracy immediately out of the box.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would not doubt it. I can’t find 6.5 Ammo that does not shoot well out of anything. I think it is the most I
    inherently accurate round on planet earth. YMMV

PB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furbyballer View Post
    So other than Jack, who has played with the new 6.5 uppers? they seem to outclass most 308 uppers in terms of factory ammo accuracy immediately out of the box.
    I have one on order thanks to Patrick over at KAC. I was a little late getting my order in so I'll be in the second batch.

My .308 is consistently under 1 moa with a test target shown at .6 so I hope my 6.5 upper is on par. If it shoots as well as the .308 I'll run it at some of the local PRS matches.

I'm also going to swap scopes as I currently have an S&B 5-20 ultra-short on the APC which will be moving to the 6.5 and then using an S&B 1-8 dual-cc on the APC.
    Last edited by TexasAggies; 06-23-20 at 11:04.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasAggies View Post
    I have one on order thanks to Patrick over at KAC. I was a little late getting my order in so I'll be in the second batch.

My .308 is consistently under 1 moa with a test target shown at .6 so I hope my 6.5 upper is on par. If it shoots as well as the .308 I'll run it at some of the local PRS matches.

I'm also going to swap scopes as I currently have an S&B 5-20 ultra-short on the APC which will be moving to the 6.5 and then using an S&B 1-8 dual-cc on the APC.
    I’ve seen some good groups from the 6.5 in various barrel manufacturers with factory ammo. But you’ll be hard pressed to beat the 7.62N though. My 18” Valkyrie shoots one MOA at 100 yards with factory FMJs. The factory ammo will throw a shot out of five 7.65N factory match will group tighter. It all boils down to load development.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)

"People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2634353637 LastLast