Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Knights Armament SR-25 show us your setup / discussion thread

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    How about an ECC?

There is an ACC hiding somewhere that isn't set up yet.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwknutson17 View Post
    I had a question for those who run Gen2 pmags in their SR25s. Does anyone have any that drop free? Loaded, and or, empty? All 10 of mine do not. Picked up a few Gen3s and those do work, along with the factory KAC mags. Just curious more then anything. I don't "need" them to, but curious if others experience the same?

I also am curious about running the H3 buffer on both of the ACC and APC continuously, suppressed and not, in colder temp ranges. I have had good results in decent weather 35-80 degrees, but here in CO, I am curious if I will see any failures running the H3 in say 0 degree weather without a suppressor. Maybe Jack or one of the Magpul guys can chime in regarding this with heavy test samples, if no one else has run there's in below freezing temp. With quality ammo of course.
    Thanks in advance.
    I would not recommend an H3 buffer.
    The buffer shipped with the rifle (H2 weight) is that one that has been verified to provide the best performance.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    The buffer shipped with the rifle (H2 weight) is that one that has been verified to provide the best performance.
    This is why I am going KAC. From what I understand, the guns have had the everloving shit run out of them, and they are configured the way they should be, right from the factory. Slap on your optic, light, and muzzle-device that goes with your can, and go. No need to dick with triggers, rails, buffers, 1-piece gas rings, springs, or any other crap.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Jack,

Thanks for the input. I left the H2 in the ACC and never changed that one. Just on the APC. Even with the QDC suppressor on the APC, would you still just stick with the H2?
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-10-17 at 10:41.
    Philippians 4:13

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Double3 View Post
    How about an ECC?

There is an ACC hiding somewhere that isn't set up yet.
    I'm really liking that ECC!!! Nice Rig.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Just got back from the range with the APC and ACC. Just swapped back in the H2 in the APC per Jack. Thanks Jack. Had steel silhouette's setup at 300 and 500 yards. Zero wind. I never have zero wind.

At 100 yards I had a .2 mil POI shift on the APC to the right when I put the QDC suppressor on. No elevation change at all. Its like my thunderbeast Ultra 7 on my bolt guns, Almost zero POI difference! I am continuously impressed. 300 yards I dialed 1.3 mils on the APC and sent one down range. Hit the steal but dialed back .2 to 1.1 mils. Next ten rounds all close enough to the center. Went straight to 500 and and continued to make hits at 3 mils of elevation.

Next I verified zero on the ACC at 100 and just planned on holding over/not dialing with that. With the H27 reticle, It's pretty simple to just hold over. Continuous hits, over and over again. I had to turn my electronic ears up so I could hear it.

Forgot to shoot another rifle in the truck as I was having too much fun banging steel. Probably had 120 rounds total down range between the two of 175gr FGMM.
    Last edited by Jwknutson17; 03-10-17 at 15:20.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Fine. I'll say it. I vote thread sticky.

😀

Feedback Score
    I would not in any way recommend using the H3 buffer for these as an overall, but some circumstances can be better with more buffer mass. They run better without a can as is with the factory H2 buffer. I have used an H3 buffer in these using the QDC and QDC/CQB cans, while I prefer the suppressed result of the H3 buffer, I can't see this doing anything to really help reliability for instances that aren't suppressed. I have left in the H3 and run them without a can, and they did run, but I'm sure the span of function decreased. You still maintain a wide margin for function with the H2, even with an optional can. If you shoot these suppressed only, the H3 may benefit those users. The older EMC barrels with the smaller gas port combined with the MAMS, H3, and MK316 can shoot really well, soft and flat, but it's really too much of a good thing. Add in lower temperatures, lack of lube, fouling, etc.. expect issues from that.

Feedback Score
    204 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tom12.7 View Post
    I would not in any way recommend using the H3 buffer for these as an overall, but some circumstances can be better with more buffer mass. They run better without a can as is with the factory H2 buffer. I have used an H3 buffer in these using the QDC and QDC/CQB cans, while I prefer the suppressed result of the H3 buffer, I can't see this doing anything to really help reliability for instances that aren't suppressed. I have left in the H3 and run them without a can, and they did run, but I'm sure the span of function decreased. You still maintain a wide margin for function with the H2, even with an optional can. If you shoot these suppressed only, the H3 may benefit those users. The older EMC barrels with the smaller gas port combined with the MAMS, H3, and MK316 can shoot really well, soft and flat, but it's really too much of a good thing. Add in lower temperatures, lack of lube, fouling, etc.. expect issues from that.
    Thanks for the clarification and info. These are things that need to be on this thread. I was having good results as we had previously spoke, but was curious about temp ranges. I appreciate all the info and advice you have give me over the last few years. I rarely shoot the APC without a can, and that rifle for the most part is dedicated to the CQB suppressor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My ACC and APR:

762 QDC is still in NFA hell.

Quote Originally Posted by WS6 View Post
    I ordered a dial from Leupold calibrated to 168gr Gold Dot, 168gr Federal LE308TT2, and 168gr FGMM, out to about 800y, it's only 12" off across the three of them, largest delta.

The dial is spec'ed for a 100y zero, as that's what most ranges around me are.

Just throwing that out there...For $80, Leupold will make you any dial you want for your MK6.

I would have loved to have a MK8 with the H27, but I have a MK6 with TMR-D, and honestly, I might be happier for all I know, that CQBSS is heavy on an already "heavy" gun. (I want to use my ACC like a big fat carbine! Hopefully buying early next month).
    That's what I got my ACC for, hence the red dot. It sports a micro these days. 10.4 lbs with loaded mag.
    Last edited by Falar; 03-10-17 at 18:54.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast