Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: VARIANT PIC THREADS, 6.5, 6.8, ETC.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WNY_Whitetailer View Post

looooove the spiral flute...

Feedback Score

my SPR

Aero Precision lower w/ Stag Arms LPK, Rainier Arms complete upper chambered in 6.8 SPC, 18" mid-length. This rifle is complete pending a Leupold Mk-IV MRT scope.
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Gasoline or gun powder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    6.8SPC LWRC PSD

This one lives at my friend's house at the moment since he owns two of these LWRC SBR lowers... I am waiting on the stamp tax for two of my lowers so this will be all mine in 4-6 months. He brought it by for us to take it out to zero the other day so I took the opportunity to get a few pictures.

LWRC PSD Upper 6.8SPC
    Aimpoint T-1 on LaRue LT751
    Troy F&R BUIS
    Tango Down Stubby QD
    Hogue PG
    CTR stock

Feedback Score

6.5 Patriot Combat Cartridge

Here's my little 6.5 PCC, homebuild AR. Upper, lower, and BCG by Palmetto State Armory. 18" SS standard profile barrel by Black Hole Weaponry. Magazine, gas block, and gas tube by PRi. Stock by ACE, shorty entry (because I have shorter than normal wingspan). Yankee Hill Diamond Series free float tube, carbine length handguard. Red dot by Simmons in 30mm, but will be mounting a Nikon P223 Carbine BDC as soon as it arrives (was on back order, moved, and the USPS lost it, now I have to wait another month).

Case sizing process from .223 to 6.5:

A chronograph target from a sandbag @ 50 yds (I know, not that impressive, but accuracy is incredible with the red dot):

Here is a standard Birchwood-Casey 4"target circle @ 100 yds for fireforming cases, data is on paper:

Have not got on any animals with it yet, because my move took me into deer season and 'have not had any time to do anything else with the cartridge yet. However, we'll see what winter brings with predators in Northern NH. Next builds will be 6x45mm w/ 18" bbl and 20 Tactical w/ a 24"bbl. Mostly to do some traveling p-dogs and predator hunting for retirement.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Do you plan on testing a bigger bullet?
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    I've tested up to 140 gr with a little success. Out of the 18"bbl I was only getting up to 2200 fps with the wind at my back. I've shot 120 gr bullets up to 2400 fps too and may settle on that as my heavy load for deer and pigs in the woods. Otherwise I have a pretty good 100 gr SP @ up to 2600 fps for a little bit further distance for deer and prongohorn. Why did I go with this wildcat over the Grendel? I have issues with Mr. Alexander among other things. Otherwise it was just a simple case trim, barrel swap, and fireform to get it off the ground. So the price was right with minimal change in parts to an existing AR15 platform and it was an interesting project to me.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeynick39 View Post
    I've tested up to 140 gr with a little success. Out of the 18"bbl I was only getting up to 2200 fps with the wind at my back. I've shot 120 gr bullets up to 2400 fps too and may settle on that as my heavy load for deer and pigs in the woods. Otherwise I have a pretty good 100 gr SP @ up to 2600 fps for a little bit further distance for deer and prongohorn. Why did I go with this wildcat over the Grendel? I have issues with Mr. Alexander among other things. Otherwise it was just a simple case trim, barrel swap, and fireform to get it off the ground. So the price was right with minimal change in parts to an existing AR15 platform and it was an interesting project to me.
    Ya I here everything your saying, I think I'm going with the LBC myself.
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    The LBC is the Les Baer version of the Grendel right? Heard some pretty good things about it and hope it works out for you. I think you should be able to get a little more umph with it using 144 gr pills, could be wrong (been known to happen a time or two). What part of NY? I grew up in Rochester area and just moved from the Adirondacks to White Mountains of NH due to job.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Last edited by krichbaum; 01-07-13 at 12:18.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by freefalle7; 11-22-12 at 19:03.

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast