Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: VARIANT PIC THREADS, 6.5, 6.8, ETC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Anyone know what type of stock is on this rifle?

Quote Originally Posted by bm176 View Post
    Just finished putting together my 7.62x39 build

Feedback Score
    I believe it is an Ergo F93, predecessor design to the Magpul UBR, which Magpul then sold the design to them.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/194...lapsible-ar-15

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by swadiver View Post
    Made some changes to this build. changed the barrel out to a RedX Arms fluted SS 16 inch, added the Effin_A compensator, added an Eotech Exps-2, and a Vortex 3x magnifier. the RedX barrel has a rather large gas port ( not sure why, much bigger than my Mas Defense barrel) and consequently has more felt recoil. i just ordered a SLR Rifleworks adjustable gas block to tame things a bit ( i hope). The Effin-A comp helps quite a bit though. on the common lower, used my existing Magpul CTR stock and modified a CAA stock saddle to get a better cheek weld.

built another upper around my Mas Defense barrel. wanted to spread the shooting load a bit and see what one, if either, ends up shooting any better. this one has a YHM lightweight forearm, a Sightmark Digital switch red dot (pretty good for $120), with a no name 3x magnifier, and a JP Mickulek style brake. sharing the same BCG on both of these uppers. lower is the same except as noted above. added a couple of pics

Installed and tuned the SLR Rifle Works adjustable gas block. works fine, easy to install and tune. definitely eased up the recoil a bit. never one to leave well enough alone, i am going try a carbine buffer with the weights removed and a Wolff extra power buffer spring to see if that helps to reduce the felt recoil even more

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bm176 View Post
    Just finished putting together my 7.62x39 build

what barrel is that?

Feedback Score
    Here is my latest build. 6.5 grendel.. Unfortunately I may have to say bye to her after months of saving. Here is my parts list and pics.

Spikes upper (punisher)
    20" 1/8 Satern SS barrel
    Custom muzzle compensator
    Seekins 13" BAR quad rail
    Maxim Firearms BCG
    Spikes lower
    Geissele SSA-E trigger
    Vltor Imod
    Heavy Buffer and spring
    BB&G sling adaptor/end plate
    single point sling
    Rainer Arms raptor ambidextrous charging handle
    45* irons
    Spikes lower parts kit
    Ergo ambidextrous grip
    Magpul enhanced aluminum trigger guard
    Bipod
    Rail covers
    Magwell grip

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by swadiver View Post
    Installed and tuned the SLR Rifle Works adjustable gas block. works fine, easy to install and tune. definitely eased up the recoil a bit. never one to leave well enough alone, i am going try a carbine buffer with the weights removed and a Wolff extra power buffer spring to see if that helps to reduce the felt recoil even more
    I am very happy that by removing the weights from a standard carbine buffer and using the standard strength carbine spring, i was able to turn down the gas from the SLR adjustable gas block even more and got a further reduction in recoil. just what i was looking for

Feedback Score

6.5 creedmoor. built on krieger 22 barrel geissele ssa-e trigger. Nice little rifle.

Feedback Score

this is my old 5.45 gun. I sold it off to a buddy to rebuild into 5.56 but the bolt had been replaced once with a few other small pieces over 25k rounds or so of 7n6. It had one of the SW 5.45 barrels. Once it got really dirty or one of the modded pmags would start to fail you got to practicing fixing malfunctions a lot. I actually did mind that as I got the ammo stupid cheap. You can see there is a bad lever on that one. I don't use those anymore. I would generally just leave it with irons and then put donor optics from one of my other rifles to simulate using that gun at a much lower cost.

I have a new ballistic advantage 5.45 barrel on a rifle now that is 14.5 but only 8k or so 7n6 left from before prices went crazy.

Feedback Score
    6.5 Grendel Cerakoted in Multicam:

Snakeskin:

My 2 FDE Carbines, middle one with Lilja .650/.750/.740 MLGS profile. Bottom one 16" MLGS AA/ER Shaw.

Feedback Score
    Very nice!

Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast