Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: VARIANT PIC THREADS, 6.5, 6.8, ETC.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    WOA 16" barrel in 6.8.

March to the sound of guns and kill everyone not dressed like you
    Feedback Score
    Nothing super sexual. My 5.45 given to me by some friends. Shoots about as accurate as my LMT as far as I can tell. Very low recoiling.

Feedback Score
    16" DPMS 7.62x39 upper, on a Stag lower.
    Last edited by warchildindy; 04-21-09 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    my 6.8

Last edited by Aggunner; 05-05-09 at 20:11.

Feedback Score

My first build M&P15R

Traditionally I have owned the standard 5.56 AR's from Colt to Bushmaster. I moved to the 5.45 because of ammo availability and after several outings to the range, am overly impressed. The accuracy is par to the 5.56 and I have experienced 1.5 to 2 inch groups at 200 yards with a maqnified 2moa Comp ML3, it probably could go tighter but a 2 inch group will just about bring pain to any target, besides I have only been out twice. That seems a little surprising to me, I am use to traditional reticles but with the 3x magnifier 200yds seems like 100yds. Its a good ride so far. No problems with the corrosive ammo issues. It takes 20 minutes extra to clean using the boiling water method, then normal cleaning with CLP bore foam and then standard break free. Not entirely finished, waiting on the DPMS crush washers from midway to replace the very ugly and useless peel washer that came with the comp/hider. Then the last item will be a LaRue Harris bidod. Pics are standard quality. Any comments are welcome.

Last edited by The Zunk; 05-09-09 at 13:08.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Zunk View Post
    Traditionally I have owned the standard 5.56 AR's from Colt to Bushmaster. I moved to the 5.45 because of ammo availability and after several outings to the range, am overly impressed. The accuracy is par to the 5.56 and I have experienced 1.5 to 2 inch groups at 200 yards with a maqnified 2moa Comp ML3, it probably could go tighter but a 2 inch group will just about bring pain to any target, besides I have only been out twice. That seems a little surprising to me, I am use to traditional reticles but with the 3x magnifier 200yds seems like 100yds. Its a good ride so far. No problems with the corrosive ammo issues. It takes 20 minutes extra to clean using the boiling water method, then normal cleaning with CLP bore foam and then standard break free. Not entirely finished, waiting on the DPMS crush washers from midway to replace the very ugly and useless peel washer that came with the comp/hider. Then the last item will be a LaRue Harris bidod. Pics are standard quality. Any comments are welcome.

A question on the corrosive ammo, couldnt you just spray the barrel down with windex and neutralize the corrosion then just bore brush and swab more than normal? I ask cause this is what i do with my AK. I know when i used to take Nagants to the range, the cheap military ammo was always corrosive, so thats what i did. Little squirt of windex on the way home and clean later.
    "Calling an illegal alien an undocumented immigrant is like calling a drug dealer an unlicensed pharmacist"

If you can't get behind our troops feel free to stand in front of them

Feedback Score
    Here is my 6.8 rig with the older lower configuration. I use this lower now strictly for shooting the .50... I will put up pics of my other 6.8 with the other lower as soon as I can get some.... Both built from SunDevil billet uppers and lowers

"Everyone has been given a gift in life. Some people have a gift for science and some have a flair for art. And warriors have been given the gift of aggression. They would no more misuse this gift than a doctor would misuse his healing arts, but they yearn for the opportunity to use their gift to help others. These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs. These are our warrior"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    ^ what is the color/product used on the above rifle?
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_wild_wes View Post
    ^ what is the color/product used on the above rifle?
    Krylon camo ultra flat olive drab...believe it or not

Basically, its a rattle can job.

It fills in, spreads out and dries quickly so threads and crevaces have to be masked. I use blue masking tape rather than the regular stuff.
    Comes off with brake cleaner, shop towels and some elbow grease.

I either use a hanger and just walk around it or I use a cardboard box.

It can be sun dried or oven cured.
    "Everyone has been given a gift in life. Some people have a gift for science and some have a flair for art. And warriors have been given the gift of aggression. They would no more misuse this gift than a doctor would misuse his healing arts, but they yearn for the opportunity to use their gift to help others. These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs. These are our warrior"

Good!

Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast