Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: VARIANT PIC THREADS, 6.5, 6.8, ETC.

Feedback Score

6.8mm upper

AR Performance built 6.8mm upper MK68. A well made upper.

9" DD rail, PRI folding front sight, enhanced 6.8mm bolt-AR Performance

M4 feed ramp

Magpul MBUS, backplate & grip
    Last edited by BSHNT2015; 07-21-09 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    NICE RIG!

Is that a magpul mbuis flip up rear? How do you like it?
    "Everyone has been given a gift in life. Some people have a gift for science and some have a flair for art. And warriors have been given the gift of aggression. They would no more misuse this gift than a doctor would misuse his healing arts, but they yearn for the opportunity to use their gift to help others. These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs. These are our warrior"

Feedback Score
    Magpul MBUS, sturdy, well made, easy to use, and price is cheaper then say a Troy, Troy is very good, but wanted to try a Magpul. I had a Troy before but gave it to a buddy. The Magpul sits on my Colt and new 6.8mm upper. So far so good.
    Last edited by BSHNT2015; 07-23-09 at 09:32.

Feedback Score
    I like the shape of the front sight...It seems to gather a ton of light around the post.
    Thanks for the response
    "Everyone has been given a gift in life. Some people have a gift for science and some have a flair for art. And warriors have been given the gift of aggression. They would no more misuse this gift than a doctor would misuse his healing arts, but they yearn for the opportunity to use their gift to help others. These people, the ones who have been blessed with the gift of aggression and a love for others, are our sheepdogs. These are our warrior"

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Do you have a set of calipers? If so, what is the diameter of the barrel between the gas block and the flash hider?
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score

MK 68

MK 68

Work in progress, awaiting for additional parts, more to follow. I do not have a caliper, but good eyes on your part, the bbl is build up by the front sight. AR Performance is here on this website perhaps he can answer better then me.

Vltor EMOD, Surefire X300, Tango Down VFG, Aimpoint M4 with Bobro mount, PRI folding front sight, PRI charging handle, Magpul grip and Magpul rear MBUS.
    Last edited by BSHNT2015; 07-26-09 at 22:58.

Feedback Score

MK68

I took this info off of the AR performance website, hope this helps.

16" lightweight "recon" profile, DMR-combat chamber, 5R rifling, 11.25 twist, parkerized black, gas port drilled, muzzle threaded 5/8-24,

top barrel is the "XT" .700 under the guard and .600 from the gas block to muzzle.
    lower barrel is the "Recon" .760 under the guard and .600 from the gas block to the muzzle.

Feedback Score
    Nice rig... should last forever. Plus you can shoot pretty much any load from it which was the reason for the 1-11.25 twist / 5R rifling specs. Plus its chrome lined to boot .
    Excellent choice.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BSHNT2015 View Post
    I took this info off of the AR performance website, hope this helps.

16" lightweight "recon" profile, DMR-combat chamber, 5R rifling, 11.25 twist, parkerized black, gas port drilled, muzzle threaded 5/8-24,

top barrel is the "XT" .700 under the guard and .600 from the gas block to muzzle.
    lower barrel is the "Recon" .760 under the guard and .600 from the gas block to the muzzle.

Thanks! I'm getting a 6.5 Grendel that unfortunatly has the screwed-up M4 profile. I want to get that heavy front portion slimmed down; .600" it will be!
    "The secret to happiness is freedom, and the secret to freedom is courage." - Thucydides, c. 410 BC

Feedback Score

MK 68 bbl

MK 68 bbl

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast