Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Psa ks47

Feedback Score

Psa ks47

Looking for input

Feedback Score
    I can hear the arty rounds whistling through the air... Before they hit, I'll say that I put a PSA upper together with another mfg lower. It's shoots better than I can, but the BCG has some of the roughest machining I've ever seen and I have a better brand on the way. Buy with the knowledge that you might not be happy with what you get and if it's a gun that your life may depend on, I'd keep looking..
    NRA RSO
    USPSA RO
    SASS RO-I & RO-II
    Certified Black Powder Artillery (Maryland)

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    There's a thread on TOS detailing some problems with them. And the parts have been OOS for months now. Eff PSA.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Locutus View Post
    I can hear the arty rounds whistling through the air... Before they hit, I'll say that I put a PSA upper together with another mfg lower. It's shoots better than I can, but the BCG has some of the roughest machining I've ever seen and I have a better brand on the way. Buy with the knowledge that you might not be happy with what you get and if it's a gun that your life may depend on, I'd keep looking..
    Details of your build? I have been interested in something like this.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by officerX View Post
    There's a thread on TOS detailing some problems with them. And the parts have been OOS for months now. Eff PSA.
    Don't know what TOS, OOS OR EFF IS

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    TOS=the other site.
    OOS=out of stock
    EFF= as in f that place
    The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step...and a lot of bitching.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver_back View Post
    Don't know what TOS, OOS OR EFF IS
    LOL sorry

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I am old and slow. Lol

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sliver_back View Post
    Details of your build? I have been interested in something like this.

First, I didn't "build" it, but I'll tell you about it anyway. :-)

I bought a Rifle Kit and set all of the lower parts kit aside and put the complete upper on top of a lower from LMG which is a relatively new manufacturer right here in Virginia. I liked the kit because it's cheap and since it will never be anything more than a range toy, I was willing to roll the dice on what might turn out to be junk. As it turns out, it shoots very nice and it's more accurate than I am.

However, the bolt is advertised as MPI, but it's not marked MPI and the entire BCG is so roughly machined that when I wipe it with an oily rag, it strips off enough fiber to make it look furry. I could buff it all down (and I may still), but I figured if this thing could pass QC, then I don't trust it to keep working for any appreciable length of time. This is why I said that if you're ever going to expect your life to depend on it, keep looking. I have a chromed BCG by Young Mfg on the way. they have larger than normal bearing surfaces on the carrier and Rainier ads proper staking to the gas key, so while my fears about the PSA BCG may be unfounded, I will feel better knowing that I have a BCG that seems to be well thought of by even the harshest critics.

I am in the planning stages of my first build and I plan on building a 20" rifle around Sionics receivers, with an A5 receiver extension. No Gucci gun, but built on reliable parts. Not a configuration that high-speed low-drag LE or SF would clear rooms with, but it will tickle my fancy.
    NRA RSO
    USPSA RO
    SASS RO-I & RO-II
    Certified Black Powder Artillery (Maryland)

Feedback Score
    Ok I am really trying to decide if need an ar/ ak? I already have an m92 pap and vepr 308

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast