Thread: Leupold 1.5-5 Circle Dot or SPR?

Feedback Score

Leupold 1.5-5 Circle Dot or SPR?

anyone used the circle dot VX3?
    likes, dislikes?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have it and like it just fine for what it is. I personally see little advantage to the SPR ret (althought there are obvious applications where it would be nice). The short comings that befall the circle dot will also affect the SPR and those are that the illumination really is not that great (no where near that of an Aimpoint or an EoTech) for day use. Furthermore, at low light if using a weapon light, the light will also wash away the illumination. And, the 1.5 setting as the lowest setting. Some day one company out there will make a true 1-4variable power scope with good illumination that the average joe can afford (I can't justify/afford a Short Dot for my needs).

Sorry I'm no more eloquent than that

Feedback Score
    The circle dot sucks for this scope's typical use--get something that will allow a degree of precision, like the duplex.

Feedback Score
    Thanks....
    I have never had a chance to play with one much less shoot with one
    it's for my 6.8, mainly used for night time hog hunting, shots typically less than a hundred yards. though I want to be able to reach out farther than that with precision but also have something fast on target

had Eotechs with and without a magnifier
    Acog TA33 (still have one)
    tried a few low powered German #4 with a lit dot and while it offered precision just wasn't as fast on target as I would like to be

obviously intended use is everything, and I know one optic (except maybe a Short Dot) can do it all in all conditions

I don't really like the idea of how much is lit up on the SPR reticle for my use

Perhaps the IOR 1.1-4, I like the idea of it's reticle but have not used one