Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Primary Arms 1-6x Gen 3 Scope

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Do the PA 1X6's hold up in high round count (1,00 rounds) weekend classes?
    Anyone heard of them going down?
    Where are they made?
    They are made in China, but i havent heard of very many issues at all with these. They have a lifetime warranty and PA service is awesome if you would need to use it.

That being said we are in a competitive market and there are some other good options that are more "duty grade' if you could spend up around $500. If i was buying a LPVO today i would be looking at

Steiner P4XI- This is a 1x4, but has german Schott glass, daylight bright reticle and very durable. DSG has sales on this and they can be found for around $475 if you look around

Burris XTR 2- Natchez has these on sale and they have a couple different options- Made in Phillipines i believe. Have a good glass and built like a tank

Primary Arms FFP Raptor- this is a FFP 1-6 that has a really good reticle and better glass than the standard gen 3 1-6

Burris RT6- good value pick for around $350- reports are great glass and good illumination

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Steiner 1-4x and really like it.

Garand Thumb has a review on the Raptor. Still not sure if I would like an FFP in an LPV setup for 3 gun.

Feedback Score
    Garand Thumb doesn't recommend the Raptor for a patrol optic.
    I'm looking for 1X6 duty grade optic thats kind of between a budget model and the Razor HD.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm looking for 1X6 duty grade optic thats kind of between a budget model and the Razor HD.
    Vortex PST Gen 2 1-6x24, around $600.

Feedback Score
    What distances will you have to shoot?

The P4XI is checks all the boxes at a great price if you can deal with 1-4

Vortex PST Gen 2 listed above is prob best 1-6 option for your requirements

The XTR 2 is really good and has a few different mag ranges. I like these better than vortex personally

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    What distances will you have to shoot?

The P4XI is checks all the boxes at a great price if you can deal with 1-4

Vortex PST Gen 2 listed above is prob best 1-6 option for your requirements

The XTR 2 is really good and has a few different mag ranges. I like these better than vortex personally
    Being able to PID at distance is a greater priority to me than shooting beyond 100 yards.
    Last edited by prepare; 01-09-19 at 09:20.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I could recall that, but couldn't think of why. I do recall the DeFoor video on not really advocating ffp scopes below 1-8x though.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Being able to PID at distance is a greater priority to me than shooting beyond 100 yards.
    If you aren't stuck on the 1-6 part, I assume the VX-R 2-7x has the same positive attributes of clarity, durability, and weight vs. Cost as the 1.25-4x models which get a good review in post #20

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...uot-LVPO/page2

I have a Hog VX-R and had a Patrol. Liked the Patrol reticle circle slightly better, but the non capped/non locking turrets were a no go. I would also assume the 2-7's larger objective would be a bonus in low light considering the 1.25-4x is pretty good at.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 01-09-19 at 09:32.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)

Primary Arms 1-6x Gen 3 Scope

If you can pick up a a Burris XTR II 1-8 I believe you would be very very pleased. I have their 1-8 FFP and their XTR II 1.5-8 Dual Focal Plane. I can run both optics CQB, and the glass is really good. Better than my Viper PST glass. Eye relief is good, I run my stocks in the 4 position and from 1-8 I have no issues. Eye box is pretty forgiving although it does tighten up a little at 8x, it is definitely usable and still quick. Part of it is also that I like the Burris circle dot reticles. I know you said this is a duty optic, and I’m a little hesitant to mention this, but I will.
    If you aren’t completely opposed to it, look for a used optic. It’s really a safe bet because of the Burris “Forever warranty” literally no questions asked no matter if you’re the 5th ownerless the 50th. I’ll be honest, I’ve bought 2 optics brand new. If you trust the brand and they have an excellent warranty, I think it’s a win. It allows me to pick up a really good optic at a really good price. I paid $400 for the 1.5 -8 and $600 for the 1-8. I also buy from E&E members whom I can trust. Would I run either of these optics I own on a duty rifle? Yes I would. They’re both 34mm and just very well built. The 1.5-8 is on my LMT MWS and the 1-8 FFP is on a 14.5 Noveske. Zero issues/zero disappointments. Oh as an aside I emailed Burris and told them I lost the turret caps and small turrets for one of my scopes. That was this morning. This afternoon I got a shipment notice and an email saying. They are mailing me both caps, turrets and new flip up scope covers that I can’t find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by RobertTheTexan; 01-09-19 at 18:26.
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    Clearly the Razor HD is the standard. Below that while there seems to be many decent options there doesn't seem to be a clear choice on an optic in the mid price point range.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast