Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Robinson Armiment XCR MWS....

Feedback Score

Robinson Armiment XCR MWS....

I’m just curious...

I was in DC last night with USMS and USSS, and there was a individual there that said that this was the coolest thing since SPAM.

Now having loved SPAM as a kid and hating it as a adult... I wonder if this is a good system or just a semi flavor of the week.

Has anyone had any experience with it and how does it match up to:

POF
    HK416
    LW
    or any others.... I’m not to familiar with it .. trying to read on it now..

Any thoughts ??????

http://www.robarm.com/XCR%20Brochure%209Feb06.pdf
    Brett W

Elite Defense
    Vice President of Domestic Sales and Marketing

FN Senior Manager of Assault Weapons - SCAR Program 2006-2010
    Former Troy Industries Inc Director of Operations 2003-2006

Each Warrior wants to leave the mark of his will, his signature, on important acts he touches. This is not the voice of ego but of the human spirit, rising up and declaring that it has something to contribute to the solution of the hardest problems, no matter how vexing!
    -Pat Riley

Feedback Score
    As I'm sure you're aware, the XCR was developed with the SOCOM SCAR trials in mind. Very few people have received their rifles, even after multiple years of waiting so experience based facts will be hard to come by.

I like the concept, but I'm not all that impressed with RobArm's excecution of it. I don't like wire stocks, I don't like manufacturers going out of their way to make their rails out of spec, and I don't like the troubles they are having with production. I like the thought of owning one some day, but it's a little too early in my opinion. With the production delays, it's obvious RobArm's has some quirks they need to get worked out.
    The luxury of freedom was not free.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SinnFéinM1911 View Post
    I’m just curious...

I was in DC last night with USMS and USSS, and there was a individual there that said that this was the coolest thing since SPAM.

Now having loved SPAM as a kid and hating it as a adult... I wonder if this is a good system or just a semi flavor of the week.

Has anyone had any experience with it and how does it match up to:

POF
    HK416
    LW
    or any others.... I’m not to familiar with it .. trying to read on it now..

Any thoughts ??????

http://www.robarm.com/XCR%20Brochure%209Feb06.pdf
    I've got tons of experiance with the XCR and I think its an outstanding weapon.

It was made with the SCAR trials in mind, which you know all about obviously, so it has some similar features to the FN SCAR.

It's got a good following considering the company is made up of like 5 people, which means they've sold about 1000 units per employee. Not sure about so-called production delays. All my local dealers are well stocked.

www.XCRforum.com is a good place to get info and such. You'll find that many XCR owners are very interested in the SCAR as well as the two seem to go hand in hand. And yes I would take an XCR over any piston AR15

Some of my fav pics

Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    I got one of the first ones and have probably 8 to 10 K through mine in the last two years. It is my duty gun and has been through quite a bit. I can have a department issued AR or a micro Galil and I choose to carry my XCR. What would you like to know about the gun?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by olds442tyguy View Post
    As I'm sure you're aware, the XCR was developed with the SOCOM SCAR trials in mind. Very few people have received their rifles, even after multiple years of waiting so experience based facts will be hard to come by.

I like the concept, but I'm not all that impressed with RobArm's excecution of it. I don't like wire stocks, I don't like manufacturers going out of their way to make their rails out of spec, and I don't like the troubles they are having with production. I like the thought of owning one some day, but it's a little too early in my opinion. With the production delays, it's obvious RobArm's has some quirks they need to get worked out.
    Just curious, how many people do you know that are actually waiting on one?

I have had my XCR for over a year. I got the itch to buy one, I ordered it, and it was at my dealer within the week. If that's a long wait, then you and I have much different thresholds for patience.

I really like my XCR. It is smooth shooting, and once it got past the 300 round break-in period (as well documented in the manual), it has been 100% reliable. It's has a pleasant recoil, and more accurate than I am. I've got thousands of rounds through it now.

I have a few minor issues, that I wish i could change, but there are things I wish I could change on all my guns.

The trigger isn't the best. Robinson however, is working on a new "match trigger" that should be released soon.

It's a little front-heavy, but most piston guns seem to be. That makes it easy to keep on target for followups, but not as snappy to handle as my SBR AR. (I think a short barreled XCR would be the cat's ass!)

The folding stock relies on friction, not a positive mechanical engagement to remain in the folded position. Again, Robinson is supposedly developing a new "SCAR"ish stock for it. Hopefully that will remediate that complaint.

I would have liked to see QD Sling attachments integrated into the design, front and rear.

I would have liked for the gas block to have a bayonet lug on it. (That's my stupidest complaint. I have no use for the lug, and would likely never attach a bayonet to it. But if it makes Feinstein and Kennedy lose sleep at night, then I want one on every gun I can.)

Otherwise, I think it is a great weapon system. It's fun, and it's great to have something a little different. My AR is still my "go-to" gun, but the XCR is one of the toys I pull out first when I'm headed to the range to have fun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    The friction lock folding stock was designed by RobArms after taking operator (USA & USN) input on cold weather & low visibility operations. When a carbine is pulled from concealement, or slung folded while skiing/climbing(gloves), one need to get the stock out fast with minimal gross motor skills.
    That makes sense.

I never said any of my complaints had any merit!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Exclamation

Sully - I'm not defending olds442's comments, but his post was from June 2006. Two years ago his comments may have been appropriate. Variablebinary brought back a topic that was almost 2 years old.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by olds442tyguy View Post
    I don't like manufacturers going out of their way to make their rails out of spec

Ain't that the truth and is precisely what is keeping me from buying one.
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Ain't that the truth and is precisely what is keeping me from buying one.
    I wonder just how far out of spec they are. My XCR has no problems with any 1913 attachment. Who told you they were out of spec? I'm sorry that a made up problem is keeping you from buying such a complete rifle.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ITSTOCK View Post
    I wonder just how far out of spec they are. My XCR has no problems with any 1913 attachment. Who told you they were out of spec? I'm sorry that a made up problem is keeping you from buying such a complete rifle.
    Technically they are not true spec. Either a rail meets the 1913 standard or not, and the XCR does not. It features a weight savings canal. The XCR is compatible with all the devices I personally have used which is all that matters to me personally

Some people have said the KAC VFG has play when attached. Beyond that, I havent heard of any other devices not working, which in my mind makes it non-issue.

I like the weight savings, and it does what I need it to do
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast